Home

Promise: solid playing time 1st year

This is a discussion on Promise: solid playing time 1st year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #25
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Promise: solid playing time 1st year

I think if you break your promises your coaching prestige takes a hit and I don't think you can open up the other promise options...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #26
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't understand why EA is so vague about the basic features of their games.
Some casual player that doesn't read forums would have no idea what is considered "solid".
Old 07-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #27
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
I don't understand why EA is so vague about the basic features of their games.
Some casual player that doesn't read forums would have no idea what is considered "solid".
thats exactly my point. why is it termed as "solid" when what they really mean is the player has to start?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #28
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

Do this. Only promise what you know will happen.. Winning record against rivals. Conference championship. National Championship. Done! Sounds easy enough right?
Old 07-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

In reality, different coaches would even have different definitions of "solid" playing time.

If I, as a coach, heavily prefer upper classmen, but promise a recruit "solid" playing time, then getting 10% of the snaps should probably qualify.

And the game doesn't take into account being part of a stable of backs. I mean... even being the 3rd RB, as a true freshman, and getting perhaps 15% of the carries in a 50/35/15 split should count as solid playing time for A FRESHMAN!

And for quarterbacks, shouldn't they get "solid playing time" credit as long as they took every snap the starter wasn't taking (which means mop-up duty and times when QB may get injured)?

And can EA get around to making a proper depth chart?

If I promise a WR solid playing time and I know he'll be the 3rd best receiver when he gets on campus, well... I don't want to list him as WR#3. I want to list my best WR as my Flanker, my second best as my Split End, and this recruit as my starting Slot receiver. All three of these should be depth chart positions (where the 4th receiver in a 4-wide is the 2nd Slot guy, and 5th receiver in 5-wide is 3rd Slot receiver, etc). Moreover, I should have Strong Side and Weak Side TE.

And defensive positions? LOL.

Left End, Left Tackle, Nose Tackle, Right Tackle, Right End

Right Outside Linebacker, Right Inside Linebacker, Middle Linebacker, Left Inside Linebacker, Left Outside Linebacker

Left Cornerback, Right Cornerback, Nickleback (Dimeback would just pull the 2nd player from Nickleback list)

Strong Safety, Free Safety

You need all of these slots to account for all the different defensive positions. For example, if I'm running a 3-4 with one outside linebacker playing more like a DaMarcus Ware pass rush player on the ROLB slot, then you want your RILB to play more like a 4-3 ROLB, your LILB to play more like a 4-3 MLB, and your LOLB to play, well, like a LOLB. The only way to clearly be sure you've got your guys in the spots you want them is for EA to overhaul the depth charts.

EDIT:
Most of that was off-topic... the point of it all is that with an overhaul, you could promise a recruit solid playing time and list him as the starting Slot receiver or starting Nickleback. Even if you don't use this position all the time, you probably use it often enough that any reasonable person would consider it "solid" playing team.

But ultimately, the only thing that matters as is is that the player be #1 on the depth chart.

You can recruit the QB, put him in the #1 spot, then manually sub him out at kick-off of every game so he takes zero snaps, and you'll fulfill the promise...

Last edited by Pogo27; 07-22-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Do this. Only promise what you know will happen.. Winning record against rivals. Conference championship. National Championship. Done! Sounds easy enough right?
That was a 5 star troll. Why would I only limit myself to promising that, especially If I cant promise a national championship? It shouldnt be called solid time if he has to start.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #31
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

Please add a new promise: not to suck

Now of coarse that will be open to interpretation, 3 wins, 6 wins, maybe 1 win for a bad program?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 11:13 PM   #32
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Do they have to be #1 on the depth chart all year? Maybe it's only a few games for it to be "solid playing time."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »