Home

Promise: solid playing time 1st year

This is a discussion on Promise: solid playing time 1st year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #33
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Promise: solid playing time 1st year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
That was a 5 star troll. Why would I only limit myself to promising that, especially If I cant promise a national championship? It shouldnt be called solid time if he has to start.
It was a joke.. I am saying.. if you are using a small program, then those are hard to fullfill Geez.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #34
Rookie

The Pizza Guy07's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardmoment
so that promise of solid playing time first year on campus, does it apply to redshirt or not?

so if I redshirt the kid, will I break my promise?
Trust me, start him, I did the same thing you were gonna do and freaking transfer to my rivals, but not to worries, I got my 5 star RB again next season
Old 07-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

yeah you would break your promise.
Its pretty obvious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #36
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Do they have to be #1 on the depth chart all year? Maybe it's only a few games for it to be "solid playing time."
I was wondering the same thing. What if you leave lets say the freshman RB at third string all year long until the last game of the year and then move him to #1 on the depth chart. Then play the last game of the year with him as starter. Is there a number of games limit he has to be #1 on depth chart? Or does it carry over the last recorded game into offseason?

Or what if on the "official" main menu depth chart you list him as #1, but during games in the game menu you move him down #3 on the depth chart for the entire game.

This seems like to vague of a development feature not to be broken.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
I was wondering the same thing. What if you leave lets say the freshman RB at third string all year long until the last game of the year and then move him to #1 on the depth chart. Then play the last game of the year with him as starter. Is there a number of games limit he has to be #1 on depth chart? Or does it carry over the last recorded game into offseason?

Or what if on the "official" main menu depth chart you list him as #1, but during games in the game menu you move him down #3 on the depth chart for the entire game.

This seems like to vague of a development feature not to be broken.
Just list him as number 1 in the depth chart outside the game menu, then move him out of that spot on the in-game depth chart. He'll never be on the field for a single play and you can fulfill the promise.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
It was a joke.. I am saying.. if you are using a small program, then those are hard to fullfill Geez.
Sorry I must have missed the inflection in your text.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:29 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

what if you promise to 2 WR's...would 1 and 2 on the depth chart qualify???
Old 07-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzytimes
what if you promise to 2 WR's...would 1 and 2 on the depth chart qualify???
Don't promise two guys at the same position solid playing time unless you want to break the promise to one of them.

Unfortunately, as I posted earlier, EA doesn't have solid enough depth charts.

The depth chart should have: Flanker, Split End, Slot, each with plenty of depth to really get the depth chart you want. Instead, it has "Wide Receiver" and it only goes to 7, which means when I start needing my 8th receiver or deeper (when I've got 10+ on my team) (because the first 4 are tired or something, whatever), it's a crapshoot as to who I'm actually going to get.

WR2 is not considered a starting position in the game despite is being a starting position in virtually every offensive system (everything but the triple option, essentially).

HB2 is not considered a starting position, even if you run the triple option, in which case it pretty much is a starting position.

WR3 is not considered a starting position in the game despite is essentially being a starting position in about half of the offenses in the game (all the offenses where FB really isn't a starting position, etc).

CB2 is not considered a starting position in the game despite it being a starting position in 100% of the defensive schemes in the game (goal line, 4-4, etc, every formation sends out two corners).

CB3/SS2 is not considered a starting position despite it being a starting position in some defensive schemes (425, 335).

I mean, first off... solid playing time promise needs to be fixed. Currently it's completely broke, dependent only upon depth chart position and not at all upon actual snaps taken, allowing me to promise exactly one player per position solid playing time every recruiting season with zero intention of giving him any snaps, because it's merely a matter of putting him as the starter and subbing him out at the beginning of the game. This HAS to be fixed. It needs to be based off snaps taken. And for RB, might need to be based on carries. AND... it needs to be a percentage, not a flat number--different people play on different quarter lengths and we don't all play super quick.

But there's a bigger issue here, and that's the depth chart. EA REALLY needs to update depth charts and give them some, you know... depth.

"Wildcat QB" needs to be a depth chart position for any team using a playbook including the Wildcat.

WR needs to be broken into Flanker, Split End, and Slot.

CB needs to be Left and Right CB (so each is considered a starter). Same for OLB, DE (I think these two are already), as well as ILB and DT, depending on 3-4 or 4-3, etc.

Nickelback needs to be added to the depth chart, particularly for 425 and 335 base defenses, but also so I can pick (and know) who exactly I'm sending out when my base 4-3 needs to go to the nickel on 3rd down. If I want to blitz out of the nickel.... with my nickel back, maybe I want a coverage LB. But if I'm not blitzing much out of this form, I want a corner or safety, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »