Home

Passing Game

This is a discussion on Passing Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
Rookie

johhnywave's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Passing Game

I don't bullet passes unless it's a go route with the linebacker edging, often blitzing, and the the safety sagging off. I usually can hit it right after the snap with success (manual catching) between the blitz and the reaction of the safety. That or a curl. Maybe an out or a post if the my WR found space. I usually don't risk that pass because somehow my QB manages to throw 3 feet to the left on passes 15 yards or longer. Even if he has his feet set in the pocket... BTW, what attribute should I look for to stop that from happening? His accuracy is low 90's and his awareness is 99.

But yea, it's the the point where I don't throw any kind of risky pass anymore. I usually look for my WR to be raising his hands he's so open (you know the animation). The passes still get swatted down or smacked in the WR's facemask.

I have to watch some video. No way should passing be this difficult and I haven't even moved up to Heisman yet.

And I do hot route, move WR to pair mismatches or open space and such. Doesn't really help. Of course I could be choosing the wrong routes.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #10
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

I have tired just about everything to figure out the passing on this. I never had the problems with any previous version that I have with this one. It doesnt matter if my WR is wide open, as soon as I touch the button every db on the field (and even some from the bench I think) turn on the turbos towards my WR. I counted 6 around one of my many knocked downed attempts on long vertical passes. How if you are running a spread play does every DB on the field make it to the one player you threw the ball to...before the ball??

The classic had to be the safety who was 15 yards ahead of my receiver and I threw a bullet pass to the WR. The safety was looking away from me, yet did a 180, never missed a step or slowed down and picked the pass for a TD. I watched the replay 6 times and it blew my mind.

I know I am not the greatest player, I play on varsity with sliders. But what do you down about DBs who seem to know the plays and run the routes better than the WRs?? It is bad enough to watch the ball just fall into the hands of the dbs while the WRs are waving at the cheerleaders..but dang AI...please at least give me a chance!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

The thing that is most frustrating is that the passing game has gotten worse. Usually things stay the same with EA but this overall game as a whole been worse. Ive been in a game an completed 70 percent of my passes but had 3 INT by the same damn DB. No I dont suck...but when u run a post route and how can a CB that is completely behind a WR reach completely out for a INT but your WR barely puts his hands up in a catching animation? Thats completely asinine. I threw an INT at the GL where a LB jumped and caught it one handed lol...it was a bullet pass that was pretty much 1 yd out lol...no way you can defend this...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10

Just had an interesting drop in my dynasty, I'm Boise state and I have a tight in doing a 10 yard in route. I throw to him when he's breaking inside to the left and he does a 180 to attempt to catch it when he could have just normally caught it.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
Just had an interesting drop in my dynasty, I'm Boise state and I have a tight in doing a 10 yard in route. I throw to him when he's breaking inside to the left and he does a 180 to attempt to catch it when he could have just normally caught it.
Last gen produced the best games hands down...they do some very illogical animations especially on WR screens...these dudes will catch the ball and basically spin slow motion then run up field...pretty much allows a LB with 76 spd to catch up to a WR thats in open field with 97 spd...its redic.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #14
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Last gen produced the best games hands down...they do some very illogical animations especially on WR screens...these dudes will catch the ball and basically spin slow motion then run up field...pretty much allows a LB with 76 spd to catch up to a WR thats in open field with 97 spd...its redic.
I also like how linebackers with low 60's catch rating can catch over the shoulder passes while some of my wide receivers can't catch simple curl routes when wide open.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #15
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

After playing 100+ games online this year, passing seems nearly fine to me. I like how aggresive the defense is this year. Last year people got away with entirely too much. The only time I throw pics are if I make a bad read, over or under throw. I have no problem dropping it over line backers or between safeties when the ball is thrown on time and correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
After playing 100+ games online this year, passing seems nearly fine to me. I like how aggresive the defense is this year. Last year people got away with entirely too much. The only time I throw pics are if I make a bad read, over or under throw. I have no problem dropping it over line backers or between safeties when the ball is thrown on time and correctly.
You cant tell these terds that, too many whiny kids that want to throw for 400 yards and put up 50 points. To the guy that started this thread you are one stupid dude. Yea lets have a game were you dont need to run, set anything up just go down field time and time again....wait thats last years Madden go play that and leave this game play alone...or I dont know get BETTER! Exactly what is your suggestion to make it so passing is in your opinion better but not easy as hell....yea just what we need some guy, you, throwing into double coverage and the WR jumping up and catching it rewarding you for your poor decision. What do you mean mirroring the WR, its a damn video game if they dont you complete some bogus pass without having to run any type of combination route. Heaven forbid we have a defensive game were the kiddies have to work to get better. How in the hell is this even started as a thread.

Last edited by Doker44; 07-24-2011 at 12:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »