Home

EA & Consumer Respect

This is a discussion on EA & Consumer Respect within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #49
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA & Consumer Respect

Yeah, the problem is EA, not the buggy games. Lots of games are buggy in this gen, since post release patches via live/PSN is making devs lazy. If EA actually focused on good games, instead of nickel and diming their "customers", then they would be more tolerable. But all EA does is look for new ways to scheist with every release. They let Madden get so bad that they couldn't even do what little they promised in the correct time frame. If they're not buying and ruining other companies, they're polluting the market with their shady marketing. its bad when other companies are looking at EA on how to squeeze their consumer base.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #50
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli_Reborn
Yeah, the issue isn't that the game is buggy, the issue is that EA, without fail, blows a bunch of smoke up our backsides, they never come clean, and their responsiveness to the community is abhorrent.

Gamers by and large will forgive developers for initial bugs (especially if they're PC gamers as well and have grown up on the "release and patch" model), but only if there is some trust established. Only if the consumers are given reason to believe the developers are committed to making a good game rather than just getting millions of dollars to produce a beta code.

They are the beneficiaries of exclusivity and they know it. They know they're going to get your $65 no matter what they churn out, because your desire to play something remotely resembling college football is enough to justify it. Their "stellar" reviews are the byproduct of the copious ad space they buy from the big sites and from the quid pro quo perks they grant to the smaller ones. The community sites that haven't been bought have been marginalized.

In short, this series has gotten to where it is today on the back of the cut corners that exclusivity allows and the marketing spin they're able to generate with the immense power of the brand.
You said it man, TRUST. I dont trust EA. It boils down to trust, even if this is patched, I dont trust that the patch will be worth a damn.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #51
Rookie

TDiddy8701's Arena

OVR: 4

I promised myself after NCAA 12, I would NEVER again buy an EA game pre-release/release day

been buying EA games since NBA Showdown for the SNES in 1993...
MLB - Detroit Tigers
NHL - Detroit Red Wings
Soccer - USA, Rangers

http://twitter.com/Doug_Ley
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Was this direct or from a source? Ive yet to see a response from EA direct.
One of the staff writers tweeted an EA representative and they said they were aware of it and were working on it.

A poster on OS Pmed a developer on here about the roster issue and said he isn't working on that one, but didn't think we would need to start over on started dynasties.

That same developer was on here trying to troubleshoot the freeze issues.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think most of the people in these threads are getting a lesson in monopolies from EA. The reason you're going to continue to see poor releases and poor service is because they have zero competition with football gaming.

If you notice, FIFA soccer and NHL are the only two titles that they seem to put work into. And if you notice, there are other soccer and hockey games that compete with them.

I mean, their NBA series was continually brought out in a madden/ncaa like fashion where it was full of odd bugs and poor logic that ANY ONE OF US would find after a single day of playing. And then, they eventually got beat so bad by NBA2k that they couldn't even release a basketball game this year.

But as long as there's no football competition, this is a pointless thread. They'll continue to be lazy and literally have almost no one testing or fixing bugs or progressions or rosters or anything before releases. And we'll all continue to buy it because we have no options.

So enjoy your garbage, people.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
If you notice, FIFA soccer and NHL are the only two titles that they seem to put work into. And if you notice, there are other soccer and hockey games that compete with them.

NHL Hockey hasn't had competition in 2 yrs.???
Old 07-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #55
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Now I really don't know what goes in to making a football game but I know they don't make the game from scratch every year. More than likely they build on from a file from last years game from this year and improve it so it's not like they have to spend countless hours creating the game from scratch
Yes Ive thought about this before too. If you notice year to year the catch's are the same +2-3 more a year, tackles are the same +3-4 a year, etc etc. They have the same base model year in and year out. So its like your basically getting a couple new features and updated rosters(that dont work) every year. Its like they target 1 area to focus on even in Madden. Im sure most of you have played it or at least heard about. For example 1 release they focused on Defense, 1 release was all about the RB, then the passing game and the whole time Im just thinking....Why not just make an overall great game and quite 1 siding it already. I obviously dont know the ins & outs of video game programming, but the in-game mechanics have suffered for awhile now. So its like, how can you basically for the most part not change that much and still have all these issues? Call it lazy, careless, or what ever you want, but the bottom line is unacceptable.

Quote:
If NCAA makes a tidy profit and there are no competitors to share that with then the quality of the product suffers
I agree 100% with this and Ive stated it in some other threads. I think lack of competition is the #1 killer of this series. Black Opts has a ' Resurgent Pack' every time I turn around. Commercials on T.V, on Xbox Dashboard, posters in Game stores...Why? Because ultimately they know if they dont keep things fresh and lose contact with there consumers, those consumers are going to go buy Medal of Honor, Battlefield, SOCOM, etc etc. EA has no competition till I wanna say after year 2012 ( not positive). To compound the problem and anger towards EA, this is what I think its going to happen: As soon as competition comes out EA is going to have about a 12 year upper hand on them. Not 1 part of me thinks any other company could make a better football game than EA. All competition would do is make them care a little bit more in fear of losing revenue. This game has extreme potential its just EA doesnt care enough to tie up the loose ends. If there was competition THIS year. I doubt half the issues would have been present upon release PLUS you can beat your bottom dollar a fix would have already happened. They're to good and have been doing this farrrr to long for me to believe that this is the best they can do. This is Bush League lol and is a product of pretty much not caring. You buy from them or dont play football. It sucks, I know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 4

I forgive the roster issue. Honestly they don't have the large base to name the rosters for them so they can test it. They have enough trouble making the rosters close enough without getting sued. Would you test that? They might not of tested that on purpose so we wouldn't use named rosters. Not saying it's on purpose but it got "overlooked". The unstable part is really annoying. I guess you can't rewrite code in a short time span but you can find a decent fix. The super linebackers are ridiculous. There is not an excuse for such a blatant issue. It happens a lot. They probably tested enough games to notice psychic db's or the four vertical exploits. That's why there hasn't been an 06 or 07 cause they can "patch" it and they didn't have the flashy media crap. But the fact if I want to address an issue I come here flow through a forum to fix something that shouldn't happen! What happened to this great next generation of sports gaming? If it comes with no-face companies is what we get, whatever...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »