Home

Fumbles, fumbles, and more fumbles...

This is a discussion on Fumbles, fumbles, and more fumbles... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fumbles, fumbles, and more fumbles...

It's getting ridiculous how many fumbles are happening online ever game and it needs to be fixed. Example: I'm playing with Arkansas and my opponent picks Stanford. First play of the game is a crossing route to Joe Adams(Aka WR #3) and he gets big hit and fumbles. The ball is recovered by Stanford and run into the endzone for a TD.

That's fine I guess, it happens. On the very next possession, I run up the middle with Knile Davis(Aka RB#7). As soon as the defender gets to him the strip ball animation occurs. Nothing new every player turns strip ball to aggressive every game and the strip ball animation happens every tackle of every game. Well Knile Davis fumbles and there's another TD for Stanford.

So that's 2 plays, 2 fumbles, down 14 to 0 at this point. I turn on conservative run ball so maybe it doesn't happen again, and turn on aggressive strip ball because I need to get the ball back. Later on in the 1st quarter Stanford had the ball again and I forced a fumble on them recovering with my defender. As he's running with the ball, Stanford guy gets to my player and does strip ball animation again, my guy fumbles, another one of my guys recovers, and HE is stripped by a Stanford player.

So let's recap. First two plays I run result in fumbles to my opponent. Later in the game 3 fumbles occur in one play. This is all in the first quarter. Needless to say I quit the game because I couldn't stand to see another fumble at this point. Please fix this because it's getting ridiculous and isn't even fun having to watch the strip ball animation on every single tackle on every sing play in every game. Sorry abot the long rant but you can probably see why I'm frustrated. I only play online and I don't mind the cheese plays. I've learned how to shut most of them down but fumbles occurs WAY too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
My problem is they reduced the effectiveness of the RB button.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: Fumbles, fumbles, and more fumbles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
My problem is they reduced the effectiveness of the RB button.
It also seems like you break fewer tackles than last year when somebody was trying to strip the ball the entire time.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

100+ games online and I've only fumbled maybe 10x, but then again I have to set my running to conservative because most opponents set their strip to conservative. My advice use the right stick and use the lean feature to keep the ball away from the defender.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
It also seems like you break fewer tackles than last year when somebody was trying to strip the ball the entire time.
Disagree strongly with that, particularly because defenders run more awkwardly when preparing to strip the ball. Run near Jeff Demps while holding the strip button. The defender winds up preparing the strip move but doesn't run as fluidly. There's a definite downside to playing that way, especially against an agile ballcarier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullsession
Disagree strongly with that, particularly because defenders run more awkwardly when preparing to strip the ball. Run near Jeff Demps while holding the strip button. The defender winds up preparing the strip move but doesn't run as fluidly. There's a definite downside to playing that way, especially against an agile ballcarier.
Fair enough. I haven't really had any issues fumbling, just haven't seen as many broken tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »