Home

A roadmap is requested: How to build up a small school to a powerhouse!

This is a discussion on A roadmap is requested: How to build up a small school to a powerhouse! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: A roadmap is requested: How to build up a small school to a powerhouse!

I think ima go ahead and go with Baylor for my season. They arent disguestingly bad and i have a nice scrambling quarterback to look forward to using
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #26
Rookie

greenhead's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't have this year's incarnation...but...guessing the formula isn't much different.

When I take over a 1 * team, I generally go for speed or size, and focus only on the guys I think I can get...plus a few reaches. In season, I try to recruit less that 15 players actively, but generally have about 20 on the board. As I build up my lead on my top guys, I spend a little more time on the guys down the board.

Anyone down the board I won't get, I drop, and search for the next best guy.

I really don't recruit for position need that first year or two. I just try to get the best athletes I can, and move around as needed.

Again, not sure how much has changed this year. But, a fast RB on a bad team, is really good to have. It will keep you in games you otherwise wouldn't be.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles931
I think ima go ahead and go with Baylor for my season. They arent disguestingly bad and i have a nice scrambling quarterback to look forward to using
I went with Baylor as my first OC job. You will like it, they are a decent running team and have good recruiting pipelines.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #28
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

Nevada should be pretty easy. You should have a solid year playing in the WAC, especially with Boise State gone (although Hawai'i and Fresno State can pose a challenge), which will help your recruiting etc. If you follow the real world conference changes and move them (along with Fresno State and Hawai'i') to the Mountain West it'll get a bit harder, You'll just have to worry about Boise and Air Force and maybe San Diego State in addition to Fresno State and Hawai'i, but you should still be one of the contending teams and put up winning seasons.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Keep a small recruiting board (10-15 players), only go after guys that have high interest in you. Don't just recruit by overall ranking, take a look at the ratings grades, you can find some gems that way.

The most important thing to do is win, if your team is really awful move them to the Independents so you can have full control of your schedule, play 5 FCS teams and the worst 7 FBS teams (use randomize schedule) you can always move them back once you get good.

If you're insistent on keeping your team in a conference at the very least schedule 4-5 slam dunk games OOC (all FCS if you're in the low mid to low 60s).
Old 07-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #30
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins
Keep a small recruiting board (10-15 players), only go after guys that have high interest in you. Don't just recruit by overall ranking, take a look at the ratings grades, you can find some gems that way.

The most important thing to do is win, if your team is really awful move them to the Independents so you can have full control of your schedule, play 5 FCS teams and the worst 7 FBS teams (use randomize schedule) you can always move them back once you get good.

If you're insistent on keeping your team in a conference at the very least schedule 4-5 slam dunk games OOC (all FCS if you're in the low mid to low 60s).
I'd consider this utterly cheesing. No team would do this in real life. I always try to make sure my SOS is at least in the neighborhood (usually at or above) my team's overall rating.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2Down
I went with Baylor as my first OC job. You will like it, they are a decent running team and have good recruiting pipelines.
Yeah I thought so, give me a mobile QB and a decent RB and I'll go to work lol. They aren't a big powerhouse either so it's gonna take some skill to make them better. Having to play against Oklahoma doesn't help -___- lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #32
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I'd consider this utterly cheesing. No team would do this in real life. I always try to make sure my SOS is at least in the neighborhood (usually at or above) my team's overall rating.
Yeah, for my non-conf. games I usually play 1 FCS team, 2 middle of the road teams, and an elite (top 25) school.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »