Home

Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should.

This is a discussion on Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #9
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpriv
So you NEVER get offered new jobs? Can you at least quit and take a job at a lower prestige school like with the older games?

Good grief, if you have to stay at the same place forever then Dynasty mode becomes unplayable for me. I love FSU but after several years I need new scenery, new uniforms, and a new challenge.
Hilarious you used the word DYNASTY but want to switch teams.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 08-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #10
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
His DYNASTY could be a HC not a team a la Nick Saban who left then came back at another school. I know he went to the nfl but still...

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikphaze01
i agree with you, it is a known fact that some schools are historically better regardless if it is a downtime for that school. for example, michigan, notre dame, when those jobs open up they will always be better than a 6 star louisville. teams don't approach the user created coach as if they are qualified. the only way is to change your alma mater. this will have to be addressed next year. i wish it could be done this year, but we all know that this is the first year of coaching carousel, and they are likely to use this as a learning point and improve it in future installments.
I don't think alma mater has anything to do with it. Mine is set to Florida State. As for Michigan and Notre Dame, of course they are more prestigious than L'ville but look at my coaching record. In real life, whenever a young coach takes a low-level team to big success, he can usually get about any job he wants. Examples are numerous- Urban Meyer to Florida from Utah, Mack Brown from UNC to Texas, Nick Saban from Michigan State to LSU, Tommy Bowden from Tulane to Clemson. Jim Harbaugh could have had any job he wanted after last year. Boise State's head coach could go almost anywhere he wanted if he chose to leave.

The hot, trendy coach is always a hot commodity in the college football world and has tons of jobs thrown at him from teams looking to change coaches, no matter how prestigious they are. Rich Rodriguez getting the Michigan job is a good example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
No it's not. When you build a team into a powerhouse and you're crushing everybody year after year because you have a team loaded with 5 star blue-chippers, you want to leave the DYNASTY you have created and try to start a new DYNASTY with a lesser team that you have to rebuild and strengthen into a power. That's the challenge and the variety that keeps the game interesting.

Last edited by robpriv; 08-09-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikphaze01
i'll even make this point, my oc and dc have been the best in the six years i played in houston. yet not once have they been offered a coaching contract, not even for the alma mater. the only time the oc got a promotion was when i left to take the hc job at notre dame. not realistic at all. most coaches are in it to reach the top, not be content with being in the shadow of another hc. they should be sought after just as much as i should be for a hc job at a bigger program.
Thanks for the input. At least you got an offer from a prestigious school. Too bad it took two contracts and 6 years to get it. Did any other good teams try to hire you?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

It doesn't work properly neither do BCS rankings, custom playbooks etc
I am saddened by the half a$$ job EA did on this game
Old 08-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well for me, I started as the OC at Hawai'i (2 year contract), went 9-4 first season winning the Poinsettia Bowl, second season did exactly the same thing. Meet ALL my goals, did not want to stay in Haw so I took a 3-year offer as the OC for Mizzou, went 12-2 and was the NatChamp, had completed all single season goals as I had still had 2 years left on my contract.

However, during the carousel Florida offered me a 3 year HC position. I took that and am currently in the first season with Florida.

Seems to be working to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzinc
It doesn't work properly neither do BCS rankings, custom playbooks etc
I am saddened by the half a$$ job EA did on this game
Good point. I had a season where Stanford was #1 and got into the National Championship game even though they didn't even though make it to the PAC-12 championship game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »