Home

The SEC.

This is a discussion on The SEC. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
The SEC.

Is it just me or is the SEC just pathetic in dynasty mode? The SEC is so elite that they beat up on each other, which ultimately results in every single team being mediocre on down the road. With everyone at 8-4, it allows teams in sorry conferences to wreck havoc and unnaturally become perennial powerhouses.

This is very unrealistic. The SEC is the supreme conference. I can understand it being difficult to go undefeated, but having every single team in the SEC at 8-4 is a tad ridiculous.

Is there any way to prevent the downfall of the SEC? I'm tired of seeing teams like Nevada win the NCG. BCS games in general consists of the A+ rated SEC Champion (who is usually 9-4) playing against a vastly inferior team in the Sugar Bowl while the National Championship consists of a sorry one loss ACC team against an undefeated Nevada.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The SEC.

That's what they gave us conference realignment for
Old 08-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

In my dynasty Auburn, Alabama, LSU and USC usually flip-flop from year-to-year with at least one of the in the running for the NC. It's usually the Big 10 and the Pac-12 the beat up on each other throughout the season.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
That's what they gave us conference realignment for
Why the hell would anyone remove SEC teams to balance the conferences out, though? For anyone who screws with the SEC in custom conferences, you're not playing the game right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
In my dynasty Auburn, Alabama, LSU and USC usually flip-flop from year-to-year with at least one of the in the running for the NC. It's usually the Big 10 and the Pac-12 the beat up on each other throughout the season.
That truly amazes me. I have yet to see a one, or even two loss SEC team in any of my dynasties.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Is it just me or is the SEC just pathetic in dynasty mode? The SEC is so elite that they beat up on each other, which ultimately results in every single team being mediocre on down the road. With everyone at 8-4, it allows teams in sorry conferences to wreck havoc and unnaturally become perennial powerhouses.

This is very unrealistic. The SEC is the supreme conference. I can understand it being difficult to go undefeated, but having every single team in the SEC at 8-4 is a tad ridiculous.

Is there any way to prevent the downfall of the SEC? I'm tired of seeing teams like Nevada win the NCG. BCS games in general consists of the A+ rated SEC Champion (who is usually 9-4) playing against a vastly inferior team in the Sugar Bowl while the National Championship consists of a sorry one loss ACC team against an undefeated Nevada.
You're griping about Nevada playing in the NCG??? I had a season where a 13-0 Miami (Oh) was in the NCG. They played 2 FCS teams and the MAC schedule. Meanwhile a 12-1 LSU was left out of the NCG. Talk about ridiculous.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Why the hell would anyone remove SEC teams to balance the conferences out, though? For anyone who screws with the SEC in custom conferences, you're not playing the game right!

That truly amazes me. I have yet to see a one, or even two loss SEC team in any of my dynasties.
It's their game, who are you to say they're not playing it right? We have custom conferences to play how EACH OF US WANT TO.

And I'm sure he was aiming the custom coferences towards your "sorry conference" teams making it to the national championship game. What happens in real life when a non-BCS school gets good? They get invited to better conferences. This helps solve the non-BCS schools making a national championship game.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibito
It's their game, who are you to say they're not playing it right? We have custom conferences to play how EACH OF US WANT TO.

And I'm sure he was aiming the custom coferences towards your "sorry conference" teams making it to the national championship game. What happens in real life when a non-BCS school gets good? They get invited to better conferences. This helps solve the non-BCS schools making a national championship game.
Yeah, that's why I always put the "good" teams from sorry conferences into the more prestigious conferences. But that doesn't change the fact that the SEC teams should be 8-4 every season, which generally catapults a couple of sorry one loss teams in the NCG.

By the way, I stand by my remark regarding the SEC. If anyone screws with that conference, they aren't playing the game correctly.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I always put the "good" teams from sorry conferences into the more prestigious conferences. But that doesn't change the fact that the SEC teams should be 8-4 every season, which generally catapults a couple of sorry one loss teams in the NCG.

By the way, I stand by my remark regarding the SEC. If anyone screws with that conference, they aren't playing the game correctly.
Hope you're still saying that when the SEC moves to 14 teams

Will also be funny when no team in the SEC manages better then 2 losses this year lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »