Home

NCAA 12 and how it will be affected by Maddens release

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 and how it will be affected by Maddens release within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA 12 and how it will be affected by Maddens release

I bought madden on amazon form the 20.00 credit. But I have no plans to play it right away the demo was awful. And I'm sure it will have tons of problems like NCAA on release date.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

I've never been a fan of Madden or any of EA's other games for that matter. (That's a lie. I do buy the NHL game every few years.) I like the NFL and all but I just love NCAA football. I haven't played an NFL game since NFL 2k5.

I'm still having fun with NCAA 12 but I am also extremely frustrated as well. I've only been a member of this site for a short while now and maybe that's the reason I'm so aware of all the shortcomings in this game but I don't ever remember this many things being unfinished.

To answer your question. NO. EA will not being getting any more of my money for awhile.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 08-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

After playing the (Madden) demo (which IMO looks horrible), and problems with previous titles, this will be the first time I do not buy madden on release day since 97. Probably the last time I purchase NCAA football as well. EA Sports has definitely lost my trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
It is the THIRD year! The third year they released a half-*** product. Let me recap! 2010: broken sliders and rosters, 2011: broken zone defense, uniform and field degradation, and the notorious pump fake glitch. 2012: where do I even begin?

All under the leadership of the same guy.
The game didn't ship with the pump fake glitch. That was added after either a patch or maybe a tuner update.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #13
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Just because NCAA has bugs and flaws doesn't mean Madden is the cure all? I don't get your logic? The game isn't the problem, it's the programming. So, why should I dump this game and run out and buy Madden with the assumption it's better? If you enjoy NFL over College then I can see a point to your question, but you seem to think many of us are going to rush and buy Madden because it will be flawless? Sorry, I guess I don't understand your thought process.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Just because NCAA has bugs and flaws doesn't mean Madden is the cure all? I don't get your logic? The game isn't the problem, it's the programming. So, why should I dump this game and run out and buy Madden with the assumption it's better? If you enjoy NFL over College then I can see a point to your question, but you seem to think many of us are going to rush and buy Madden because it will be flawless? Sorry, I guess I don't understand your thought process.
I disagree. I think it depends what is wrong with NCAA compared to Madden. Madden wouldn't have a named tendency glitch. Could have an edit glitch but we at least would have the names.

Madden wouldn't have a conference realignment issue, obviously since they do not have it.

Madden doesn't have stadium sounds which is supposedly clauses some of the freezing issues.

Will Madden be flawless? Of course not, it might have new issues or maybe it won't. but i don't think its fair to state the same issues to a large degree will be in both since they are not core gameplay issues, so don't be reasonably optimistic and go try Madden.

As for myself, i am trying to restrain myself from getting madden on opening day. Not because i am big on Madden, but because i am big on football and returned NCAA due to the issues i felt where overwhelming for my enjoyment. In October and November are tons of games i want, i just need to weather the wanting a new game Jones at least until you guys flesh out the problems.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 08-24-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #15
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I disagree. I think it depends what is wrong with NCAA compared to Madden. Madden wouldn't have a named tendency glitch. Could have an edit glitch but we at least would have the names.

Madden wouldn't have a conference realignment issue, obviously since they do not have it.

Madden doesn't have stadium sounds which is supposedly clauses some of the freezing issues.

Will Madden be flawless? Of course not, it might have new issues or maybe it won't. but i don't think its fair to state the same issues to a large degree will be in both since they are not core gameplay issues, so don't be reasonably optimistic and go try Madden.

As for myself, i am trying to restrain myself from getting madden on opening day. Not because i am big on Madden, but because i am big on football and returned NCAA due to the issues i felt where overwhelming for my enjoyment. In October and November are tons of games i want, i just need to weather the wanting a new game Jones at least until you guys flesh out the problems.
Your point is well taken. I like NCAA12 but I am still amazed at some glaring issues and Items that still are lacking from the prior consoles. It seems the devs are more intrested in showing off new "glitter" instead of addressing the purist players concerns. We need competition.. the free enterprise is what this country was built on and a monopoly industry doesn't promote incentives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 05:17 AM   #16
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSKY!
Not right away. I don't trust EA right now and will wait a couple weeks to see if Madden needs a patch or not.

Ding, ding we have a winner! Except you KNOW there will be at least 2 patches for Madden, it's EA SOP.

I'll be milking my NCAA until ALL Madden patches are released, I'm tired of the dance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »