Home

nice little touch to the challenge system

This is a discussion on nice little touch to the challenge system within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
nice little touch to the challenge system

Last night I was playing in a dynasty as Tennessee against Buffalo. I was coming off a heartbreaking defeat at the hands of Florida and it seemed as if my guys were hungover from that loss as Buffalo was tied with me at 14 at the half. Second half I turn it on, but there was one play in particular that excited me about NCAA 12. I had 1st and goal so I ran a dive up the middle with Poole. The play is called TD and my players celebate yada yada. I go to kick the xp and suddenly Buffalo's coach has used his challenge. Im like what! So they go through the replays and I noticed that Poole in fact came up just shy. I was like ok this is interesting. After the review the ref overturned the call on the field. They actually brought back the TD and I scrimmaged again 2nd and goal. I was in shock because I had NEVER seen such in this game or in previous titles. I ended up scoring on the next play then routed Buffalo from then out. Anyone else seeen this with the challenge system?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: nice little touch to the challenge system

That is really cool, i have not seen that happen, ever!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Did you check the stats, he was probably credited with the TD. I saw this happen a few times in NCAA 2011 and if a TD was overtuned, it frogged up the stats.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Unfortunately I didn't check the stats. Maybe I can go back later and check the scoring summary to see if it in fact credited me with a TD. If it doesn't then this is a really nice touch to the game! If I remember to check, I'll post here and let you guys know.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
Unfortunately I didn't check the stats. Maybe I can go back later and check the scoring summary to see if it in fact credited me with a TD. If it doesn't then this is a really nice touch to the game! If I remember to check, I'll post here and let you guys know.
The scoring summary will be correct. I guess go back and look at all the scoring summaries from your games and count how many TD's the guy should have had vs. what his stats say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Ive had it happen twice(sorta) and it does mess up the stats.
1. I caught a pass in the back of the endzone, a great catch where my TE jumps up high and was barely able to get his heel in bounds. after the challenge the TD is now credited as an 18 TD run by my QB rather than an 18yd TD catch

2. this one pissed me off, I was winning 6-0 with 1.30 left in the game. Utah dives it up the middle while I was trying to let them score and get the ball back with as much time as possible. he actually dives and it looks like he scores with 1.25 left, challenge is called by booth and it still looks like he scored but they rule him down without TD. ball reset, clock is pumped and I now have to burn another TO to save time... he scores and now I have 1 TO with just over 1 minute left in the game after the kickoff. I lost, but the stats went fubar for them. it showed them having a 1 yard TD run AND a 0 yard TD run.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
Last night I was playing in a dynasty as Tennessee against Buffalo. I was coming off a heartbreaking defeat at the hands of Florida and it seemed as if my guys were hungover from that loss as Buffalo was tied with me at 14 at the half. Second half I turn it on, but there was one play in particular that excited me about NCAA 12. I had 1st and goal so I ran a dive up the middle with Poole. The play is called TD and my players celebate yada yada. I go to kick the xp and suddenly Buffalo's coach has used his challenge. Im like what! So they go through the replays and I noticed that Poole in fact came up just shy. I was like ok this is interesting. After the review the ref overturned the call on the field. They actually brought back the TD and I scrimmaged again 2nd and goal. I was in shock because I had NEVER seen such in this game or in previous titles. I ended up scoring on the next play then routed Buffalo from then out. Anyone else seeen this with the challenge system?
I've had this happen to me, but it was on 4th and goal, not 1st!

My favorite thing with the challenge is how most close plays will be automatically reviewed (so you don't have to challenge them, but not all. My HB was nailed on a run and fumbled the ball. There were no replays, but it looked to me like he was down. I went to the play calling screen and picked a play. When my guys lined up, the play wasn't automatically reviewed (which is what I was waiting for) so I challenged it myself. It turns out he was in fact down and they overturned the call and I got the ball back. This was at a crucial moment in a close game too. Had I not challenged the call, I would've lost possession.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
Ive had it happen twice(sorta) and it does mess up the stats.
1. I caught a pass in the back of the endzone, a great catch where my TE jumps up high and was barely able to get his heel in bounds. after the challenge the TD is now credited as an 18 TD run by my QB rather than an 18yd TD catch
I had something similar happen. My wide receiver caught a touchdown, clearly, yet it got reviewed. The play stood, and instead of my quarterback getting credited with a TD pass, he got credited for an incomplete pass. The points got added and everything, but my player stats and team stats didn't add up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »