Home

Important OL stats when running out of spread

This is a discussion on Important OL stats when running out of spread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Rookie

jolson88's Arena

OVR: 1
Important OL stats when running out of spread

I'm wondering what the most important stats are for offensive linemen when running out of Shotgun or spread formation (like Ace Spread). Especially, if it's a Draw play, is it most important to have good run blocking, or is it pass blocking?

Any folks that primarily run out of the spread formation, what's the best characteristics you look for in your O-Line?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Important OL stats when running out of spread

Uhh Speed???? Lol Naw but I would guess run blocking and awareness wouldn't hurt to have a good strength either but I don't think the ratings really make a difference
Old 09-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm a run-first spread option guy. RBS and RBF are used to determine how their blocks do against power moves and finesse moves. I'm pretty sure that I read that PB and RB are only used in simming. Since I run most of the time, I look for guys with the best RBF and RBS.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

This isn't spread specific - but I've read that footwork determines how far back the OL can push a defender, moreso than strength like I'd always assumed, and it has become my look for and tie-breaker when determining depth charts and recruiting. Whoever posted that - I think they're right.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

I was think about this today. My QB (David Ash) had just graduated and I recruited a QB that is perfect to run the spread offense.

I would think you want OL's with good acceleration, footwork (run or pass) and agility, so they can get out ahead of the RB when running sweeps, and other type of runs where the linemen are pulling, especially for the guards.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »