Home

They need to change the difficulty levels

This is a discussion on They need to change the difficulty levels within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
They need to change the difficulty levels

This game really doesn't need Junior Varsity. I mean, Varsity at default sliders is a guaranteed win no matter who you play as. You only need to run the ball on offense and your defense will shut them down. Even the most basic, new player can win on defualt Varsity.

I think they should keep Varsity, AA, and Heisman and add a level that is inbetween Varsity and AA. I really think that might be the most realistic level. Just my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: They need to change the difficulty levels

Lol If you can't win on AA I don't know what to say
Old 09-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #3
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4

yeah, because we need FEWER options...
Old 09-05-2011, 01:29 AM   #4
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

How about an option between AA and heisman I like AA but the computer lacks the killer instinct and heisman cheats like hell on D.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:27 AM   #5
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah I would go for a level between AA and Heisman.

The learning curve between those two levels alone is massive compared to any other one level hop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

How about making the levels improve the AI play calling only. Take away the rating boost each level gives the human or the cpu. Improve the impact sliders have on the game. The I don't think we would need more levels at all. If I choose to play on Varsity then I should see the AI making simple play calling. They should call a play and run it. Now if I choose to play on Heisman then I should see the AI calling a play then checking at the line. If I have a 8 man front then they should be getting out of a run play into a pass. If they have called a slow developing pass play and I have a blitz on, then they should be able to make a read to get out of the play into a better play. This would allow for the AWR rating of a QB to mean even more. The higher the AWR then the better the AI for each level as well.

Then if we could get sliders that make a larger impact that could help out as well. In other sports game the sliders are a key part to gameplay. With the NCAA series I don't feel that way. The sliders in the NCAA series only have a small effect on gameplay. Look at all the zero based slider sets. I play with the tackle, coverage, run D sliders all at zero for the human but yet I can make any tackle as long as I don't use the hit stick, my coverage is way to good with it at zero (I know about it might be reversed but I don't see it), and I can hold the cpu under 100 yards if I play smart or don't run blitzes every play. Sliders should be the main focus. It is the only way to change how the games plays for everyone. We all enjoy the game in different ways. We all have different skills. So why not make the game where we all can tune it to fit those skills. While I think Madden is missing a lot of things, it at least has good sliders. I can tune Madden to play perfect. Since NCAA 09 I have yet to be able to tune NCAA to my skill. I have to choose way to easy or allow the cpu to cheat. Sad to say but I have been going with allow the cpu to cheat this year.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

What I have always thought EA should do is find the most popular slider sets from the year before and make that the default sliders.

So if the most popular sliders, or the average sliders for Heisman go...

5-15
0-0
0-0
20-20
15-15
etc.

Then they should make Heisman for the next game use those sliders, but have that be the new 50. I hope that makes sense.

― Plato
Old 09-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
What I have always thought EA should do is find the most popular slider sets from the year before and make that the default sliders.

So if the most popular sliders, or the average sliders for Heisman go...

5-15
0-0
0-0
20-20
15-15
etc.

Then they should make Heisman for the next game use those sliders, but have that be the new 50. I hope that makes sense.
I get what you are saying. Here is my thinking. If 50 is default then that is zero on the number line. At 50 the sliders should not give a boost or decrease in the ratings that are affected by that slider. So then if you go up you will see a increase to the ratings that are tied to that slider. Some goes for if you go down but you get a decrease.

The next change has to be away from the 5 point intervals. It should be a true 0-100 scale with 1 point intervals. Other sports game have done the same thing and it seems to work.

So now the sliders should be coded, or what ever it is called, so that each move right or left will show up during the game. An example would be THA. Say I have mine set at 43 then I should see my QB miss throws but not to an extreme. Now say I set it at 0 then I should see my QB throw the ball every where but on target. Now say I move it all the way up to 75. I should now see almost all throws on target with a over throw or off target throw now and then. The number of errant throws would be limited. Same would go for ever slider in the game. I think then we would truly have a game that could be adjusted to fit every gamers playing style and skill.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »