Home

The Post-Patch Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on The Post-Patch Custom Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: The Post-Patch Custom Playbooks

hm... well, i haven't played call of duty in a while...

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is anyone else missing special teams plays? For example, I have no FG block formations at all, no punt return formations (only have punt block), no onsides kick recover formation, etc...

Have tried multiple creating playbooks from scratch with different base playbooks and have had no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #75
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkus
Is anyone else missing special teams plays? For example, I have no FG block formations at all, no punt return formations (only have punt block), no onsides kick recover formation, etc...

Have tried multiple creating playbooks from scratch with different base playbooks and have had no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
they apparently separated some of the special teams formations. you can select the others by going left-right on the left thumb stick to cycle formations. or just hit 'B'(360) or 'O'(ps3) and select the formations from there.

for kickoff return, you have to hit 'B', then select by formation, then 'B' again to see all the formations.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 2

looks like I'm STILL going to use the game as shipped and not DL either patch. Sucks because I can't DL my teambuilder schools or a roster... but hey, I'm 9 years into a dynasty and love my PB... which was the most attractive feature this year.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #77
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
they apparently separated some of the special teams formations. you can select the others by going left-right on the left thumb stick to cycle formations. or just hit 'B'(360) or 'O'(ps3) and select the formations from there.

for kickoff return, you have to hit 'B', then select by formation, then 'B' again to see all the formations.
that **** is dumb

I also have no onside kickoff return. Normal return only, I'll have to audible to onside kick formation if my opponent is going for it.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #78
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
that **** is dumb

I also have no onside kickoff return. Normal return only, I'll have to audible to onside kick formation if my opponent is going for it.
it's still there. for kick return, there are 3 formations: NCAA Kick Return, Normal, and NCAA Onside Return.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Old 09-15-2011, 12:56 AM   #79
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

So, does the Custom Playbooks work or not work now? I saw one guy mention in here he never had problems. What happens when you try to use them - like as a majority. Just seeing if I need to bother or not. Does it freeze the game, mess up the online dynasty? Thanks for input.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:28 AM   #80
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
So, does the Custom Playbooks work or not work now? I saw one guy mention in here he never had problems. What happens when you try to use them - like as a majority. Just seeing if I need to bother or not. Does it freeze the game, mess up the online dynasty? Thanks for input.
I have 2 playbooks, one I made before patch #2 and one made after. both work for me. the one I made before patch #2 ended up with an extra formation with 2 plays in it that I didn't want(and it wont let me remove it), but that was about it. The one I made after patch #2 also works as I wanted it too. there were 2 or 3 formations I couldn't remove, but I was going to use them anyway.

I don't think it messes up OD or freeze the game, at least it hasn't for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »