Home

NCAA Football 12: Title Update #2 Thoughts

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12: Title Update #2 Thoughts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #25
Banned

SoonerCrazy25's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 12: Title Update #2 Thoughts

Since Patch #2 im seeing no turnovers ,i even moved the INT slider to 50 and in 10 games no INT'S whatsoever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #26
Rookie

synjin's Arena

OVR: 1
Can I have fun with the game... yeah. Can I get through an entire game without saying "WTF?!?" because of one of the following:

-some effed up bug
-a lazy programming short-cut was taken when maybe 20 minutes worth of writing some extra code could have made it 10 times better
-poor AI
-unrealistic ball trajectory
-pulling guards coming to a complete stand still and doing nothing once they get outside the O tackle
-lead FBs coming to a complete stop in the gap on Iso plays when they should be charging at the MLB
-at least 1 OL completely whiffing on a pass block within .5 seconds of the snap
-Psychic DBs running one direction, then instantly leaping 12 feet in the opposite to swat down a pass that should be over their heads anyway
-suction blocking, the kind where I can push the L-stick in the opposite direction of my defender and I still don't disengage.
-DL's forced to run in a pre-set direction (usually right into the arms of a pre-assigned OL, or jog in place vs. option runs) for the first second of the play.
-Horrible defensive assignment and man-alignment AI
-Play action plays where the QB gets sacked before you can control him, even though the D didn't jump the snap.
-MLBs and DTs "parting the red sea" on CPU runs up the middle when CPU sets their blocking to aggressive
-QB's taking forever to get through their throwing animation, allowing what should be a quick checkdown or slant throw to end up being a sack, even if the QB is 90% of the way through the animation.
-CB's assigned to Man defense stuffing RB's in the backfield even on inside runs.
-CPU defense knowing your offensive playcall
-skill players not returning to the game even when they haven't been injured, and they aren't tired because you've called 2 TOs over the last 2 plays.
-Custom Playbooks completely effed up, including formations that I didn't choose and weren't even offered as a choice when I made the playbook (Jumbo Ace and Pro-I double tight to name two)
-making me back out to "formation" to scroll to a different KO return play, or defaulting to FG when I'm 4th and 12 on my own 20 yard line when on offense, or defaulting puntblock on defense
-6'1", 236 lbs HB's with 87 speed and 48 str.
-6'6", 248 lbs ATH's that are HBs.
-ATH's that can't play more than a couple positions and only on one side of the ball. What's the point of being an ATH if you can't be moved around to many different positions and play them all relatively equally.

...the answer to that: NO. I can't get through a single quarter without experiencing several of those things, much less an entire game. That Haumiller and his crew haven't been fired for this bug-filled debacle weeks ago is still astounding to me.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #27
Rookie

synjin's Arena

OVR: 1
sorry that should be 6'1" 236 lbs HB's with 97 speed and 48 str and have the "Power" tendency. They also have under 70 for both Trucking and Break Tackle.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #28
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

For as long as it look to release the patch they should have been able to fix coaching progression and the roster glitch at the very least. They said it was fixed but it wasn't, and there are plenty of posts about that.

Fumbles are very rare and the patch killed varsity level. Those are just a few negatives too.

If I could grade the patch I'd give it a D+. They had plenty of time to release something good and they didn't. So many people have gone back to pre-patch and that is telling.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 09-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

NCAA Title Update #2 is far from a perfect patch -- you just have to ask PS3 users and they'll tell you that. But when you get down into the meat and potatoes of the gameplay, there are some real improvements here. Find out what our own Dustin Toms thinks of the update by clicking the link below!

NCAA Football 12: Title Update #2 Thoughts

Dustin Toms is not playing the same game that the rest of us are...how else can you explain this reveiw? Patch 2 destroyed far more than it fixed and introduced crippling new bugs. Try playing defense agains the CPU when it runs HUNH offense.

Awful is the fairest way to describe Patch 2. It took a playable but flawed game and made it a bugg filled glitch collection that is unplayable for a huge portion of the time.

Freezes....still in the game. Rosters still bugged and OD issues still rampant. Option plays now result in defenders not reacting to the play at all against some fronts and overeacting in others. Awful I say.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2
i disagree . i think madden 12 with some sliders as of now plays better than ncaa .
here is the problems i have seen myself with ncaa 12
*when i throw the ball no matter who is trying to catch it they let the ball wiz right past their head and not even put their hands out to catch it .
*o-line and fb blocking. no matter how good your o-line is they still get jazz hands.fb's seem to be clueless when it comes to blocking the right person on run plays.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #31
Rookie

wcwecw75's Arena

OVR: 0
i have the ps3 version. why wont they fix the dam accelerated game clock?!! that is the most anoying thing ive ever seen! there isnt a accelerated game clock in a real ncaa football game is there?!! unless im missing something! the uniforms still dont get dirty for both teams in a game! and the espn radio sports center cuts off in and out! ive turned that off! and the espn ticker is up to date sometimes! just drop the whole espn license!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #32
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by synjin
Can I have fun with the game... yeah. Can I get through an entire game without saying "WTF?!?" because of one of the following:

-some effed up bug
-a lazy programming short-cut was taken when maybe 20 minutes worth of writing some extra code could have made it 10 times better
-poor AI
-unrealistic ball trajectory
-pulling guards coming to a complete stand still and doing nothing once they get outside the O tackle
-lead FBs coming to a complete stop in the gap on Iso plays when they should be charging at the MLB
-at least 1 OL completely whiffing on a pass block within .5 seconds of the snap
-Psychic DBs running one direction, then instantly leaping 12 feet in the opposite to swat down a pass that should be over their heads anyway
-suction blocking, the kind where I can push the L-stick in the opposite direction of my defender and I still don't disengage.
-DL's forced to run in a pre-set direction (usually right into the arms of a pre-assigned OL, or jog in place vs. option runs) for the first second of the play.
-Horrible defensive assignment and man-alignment AI
-Play action plays where the QB gets sacked before you can control him, even though the D didn't jump the snap.
-MLBs and DTs "parting the red sea" on CPU runs up the middle when CPU sets their blocking to aggressive
-QB's taking forever to get through their throwing animation, allowing what should be a quick checkdown or slant throw to end up being a sack, even if the QB is 90% of the way through the animation.
-CB's assigned to Man defense stuffing RB's in the backfield even on inside runs.
-CPU defense knowing your offensive playcall
-skill players not returning to the game even when they haven't been injured, and they aren't tired because you've called 2 TOs over the last 2 plays.
-Custom Playbooks completely effed up, including formations that I didn't choose and weren't even offered as a choice when I made the playbook (Jumbo Ace and Pro-I double tight to name two)
-making me back out to "formation" to scroll to a different KO return play, or defaulting to FG when I'm 4th and 12 on my own 20 yard line when on offense, or defaulting puntblock on defense
-6'1", 236 lbs HB's with 87 speed and 48 str.
-6'6", 248 lbs ATH's that are HBs.
-ATH's that can't play more than a couple positions and only on one side of the ball. What's the point of being an ATH if you can't be moved around to many different positions and play them all relatively equally.

...the answer to that: NO. I can't get through a single quarter without experiencing several of those things, much less an entire game. That Haumiller and his crew haven't been fired for this bug-filled debacle weeks ago is still astounding to me.

This just about sums it up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »