Home

How to keep Dynasty interesting?

This is a discussion on How to keep Dynasty interesting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: How to keep Dynasty interesting?

Actually, Toledo has a pretty good core. Their star players are like, all juniors. But yea, i guess he needs to up the difficulty
Old 10-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #18
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

actually i am trying to tweak some sliders to make it more difficult. my team is solid though I am playing on all american but, my turnover ratio is +24

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #19
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
I am running with Toledo as well I am in year 2 and my record 1st year was 13-1 I lost to Ohio State by 2 points and was MAC Champion and won the Little Ceasers Bowl. Year 2 I am 12-0 and ranked 3rd in the nation with wins over Ohio State, Boise State, and Clemson playing the MAC Championship against 10-1 Temple. My total record is 25-1 and I am 17-0 in the MAC I think an invite to the Big Ten is the next step. I may add Notre Dame to the Big Ten as well and make it a 14 team powerhouse division. It has been a ton of fun to build my team up and make them relevent in the National Championship hunt. I do think that if I was in the Big Ten though my record would drop to about 8-4 or so and then the buiding process would keep me interested.
I am a Toledo alumni as this helps keep me interested as well
Toledo alum as well, I love rolling with the Rockets! I use player lock on defense, which helps increase the challenge. I don't like to go slider crazy anymore, but I make small tweak after each season. An example, if I am #1 in rush defense with a garbage team I will adjust run ability and block for the cpu.

Don't sleep on Toledo. They got a pretty good team and are under rated in the game. The refs were not to kind in the OSU and 'Cuse games and they were in the Boise game until the 4th quarter. I'd still bump it up a couple notches
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11

Last edited by boxboy99; 10-25-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #20
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

thats the thing, I have raised the difficulty, I don't want to take it up to heismian and lose 44-10 every game. Is it that much different? I allow yardage and such but, I only allowed a score in the redzone 11 of 20 times and was 2nd in the nation in that stat. That and the turnovers were the main reason for my 13-0 season so far. The OSU game was 23-21, The Wisconsion game was 24-21, my Boise State game was 36-30. Central Michigan pushed me to the limit and I pulled out a 20-17 victory. Those 4 games were classics that kept me on my seat all the way thru.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #21
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
thats the thing, I have raised the difficulty, I don't want to take it up to heismian and lose 44-10 every game. Is it that much different? I allow yardage and such but, I only allowed a score in the redzone 11 of 20 times and was 2nd in the nation in that stat. That and the turnovers were the main reason for my 13-0 season so far. The OSU game was 23-21, The Wisconsion game was 24-21, my Boise State game was 36-30. Central Michigan pushed me to the limit and I pulled out a 20-17 victory. Those 4 games were classics that kept me on my seat all the way thru.
if you put it on Heisman and tweak the sliders you wont lose 44-10 most of the time depending on how good you are. its more of a challenge on Heisman so do it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #22
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Yeah, I don't play Heisman. I just bumped the sliders up on AA up. I know what you mean about the close games. I just had a 10-3 season in a Fiesta Bowl loss with New Mexico but I had so many close games. Now I am with the Gophers and getting killed in Big Ten play. I started as OC at Toledo and hoping to get a HC offer at some point.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

I like creating my own recruits (some actual recruits, some made-up), changing playbooks and teams. I'm currently in year 4 of my dynasty.

Year 1: OC at Memphis. Went 8-5 and won the Armed Forces Bowl. Used a run heavy offense and used several screens to keep the defense honest.

Year 2: HC at Pittsburgh. Used a R and S offense with power running plays. Went 11-2 and won the Rose Bowl. Ray Graham won the Heisman (about 1,200 yards and 19 TDs).

Year 3: HC at Pittsburgh. Moved Pitt to ACC. Used same offense. Went 10-3 and won the Orange Bowl even though Graham went pro. My QB was better than Sunseri so my passing game was better.

Year 4: HC at Florida State. Currently 12-0 and ranked #2. My next game is against #4 Georgia Tech for the Conference Championship and I'm without my starting QB. I've had soo many close games that I could easily be 6-6 this year. I went back to my run heavy offense.

Future Plans: Stay at Florida State for awhile so I can develop them into a fast, dynamic team while making them the best team in Florida year in and year out. My team will take a bit of a hit after this year and next year so I plan to have to rebuild my team. I'm losing two of my most dynamic players this year so I need to replace them.

I created some real recruits and as you can see, I changed playbooks and teams every couple of years. Basically, just change your dynasty up some, keep track of your best players and even create bios for some of your recruits.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #24
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

Yeah I really start to get invested in my recruits that keeps me going as well. "my classes" I love seeing them come in as a freshman and then 4 years later when I can't play with them anymore it is kinda sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »