Home

Recruiting question

This is a discussion on Recruiting question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Recruiting question

Is it any good to recruit athletes or is it not worth it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Recruiting question

ATH are usually some of the more fun guys to recruit because its always a crap shoot. Obviously look for key attributes so you have an idea on what side of the ball he's gonna play but I love recruiting ATH
Old 11-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
Rookie

BleedBlue23's Arena

OVR: 6

I usually go after 1 to 2 Athletes per season as it can sometimes be easier to bring in a 4 or 5 star ATH over someone else. Just be sure to look at their stats so you can at least get some sort of idea at what position they might end up at.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
In general ATH are great fillers if you can't get a good positional player. Look at their stats to see what position they are.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

It really depends on individual attributes. I usually go after a handful of ATH's a year, 1 or 2 top ATH's, then 3 or 4 guys around 3* that I can maybe slide into a variety of roles and redshirt them and let them develop for a few years.

I look for two different things in ATH's: 1) Speed. If I can find an A- or better speed ATH with decent Acc/Agility ratings, I'll go after him. 2) Size. My best athletes have been guys that turned into either TE's or LB's. I just missed out on a guy in one dynasty who was 6'4" 225 with B+ speed and B- catch (but bad ratings elsewhere) that would have slid into a TE spot for me. Another guy I did sign was a 6' 230 guy who had B speed and incredibly good tackle ratings and he ended up being a solid LB for me.

ATH, more than any other position, is subject by those individual ratings at the bottom of the ratings screen in recruiting. You'll find guys that are quick but have C- and D everywhere else and be next to useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
ATH, more than any other position, is subject by those individual ratings at the bottom of the ratings screen in recruiting. You'll find guys that are quick but have C- and D everywhere else and be next to useless.
I am currently recruiting a 5* ATH that has D and F ratings at everything. I am only going after him to see wtf is up with it. I am thinkings its a possible 5* kicker? There are no kick ratings in the ATH page however....
Old 11-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
I am currently recruiting a 5* ATH that has D and F ratings at everything. I am only going after him to see wtf is up with it. I am thinkings its a possible 5* kicker? There are no kick ratings in the ATH page however....
That's weird. He can't throw can he? Some times you get QB/ATH's with D and F everywhere but like B throw power, that would show up though. ATH is so random, maybe 1/4 of all ATH prospects are useful at any position.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
I'm pretty sure these guys are kickers/punters. I've never recruited one of them because I have no idea what they'd do, but I think they'd have to be kickers.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »