Home

Guys Going Pro...

This is a discussion on Guys Going Pro... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4
Guys Going Pro...

It seems that I have an abundance of sophs each year trying to jump ship to the pros.... any thoughts on how to prevent this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Guys Going Pro...

Stop redshirting your 5-star recruits?
Old 12-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ckdabeast
Stop redshirting your 5-star recruits?
How does that matter?

In the very first year of one dynasty, I had 13 guys attempt to leave early. 3 via transfer, the rest going pro. Of the 10 going pro, 6 were Juniors. Now I had a good year and these guys are solid players, but how is that legitimate?

One of the Soph's leaving early was Taylor Martinez. A running QB with no passing skill set and who only threw 89 passes ON THE ENTIRE SEASON. I was able to talk him back, but are you serious? First of all, what would he do in the pros? Second of all, he had mediocre stats at best, why would the game think he was ready?

Now I am fine with a few more guys leaving early than in real life since it forces you to recruit depth rather than the top 20 guys you come across, but come on. I had to use an entire weeks worth of offseason recruiting minutes to attempt to talk 13 people into staying with the team. 18% of my football team attempted to leave school early. I was able to talk back 7 of them and one of the transfers I let leave.

Really wish they'd rethink the way going pro/transfer worked in the game. Come to think of it, there should be a ton more transfers from JUCO/FCS that just appear from teams.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
How does that matter?
A RS'd 5 star might be in the 90's OVR range in their underclassmen years, thus they will graduate early since they have the progression of a Senior, but the redshirt year makes them only a Junior.

― Plato
Old 12-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
A RS'd 5 star might be in the 90's OVR range in their underclassmen years, thus they will graduate early since they have the progression of a Senior, but the redshirt year makes them only a Junior.
I meant, what does that have to do with the topic? It shouldn't matter, there should be at most a handful of Sophomores in an entire NFL class and that is AT MOST. Not 3 leaving per team some years. I don't even remember the last Soph to be drafted, Michael Crabtree maybe.

You have to be a pretty heavy hitter at the college level to even get a second look at the combine as a Sophomore. Andrew Luck type heavy.

High 80, low 90 rated guys who didn't win awards and weren't even top 10 statistically at their position shouldn't be threatening to pro in this game. Especially 6' 190 pound QB's with no passing skills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2011, 02:49 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

The worst are those dang punters that keep on trying to leave early!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I meant, what does that have to do with the topic? It shouldn't matter, there should be at most a handful of Sophomores in an entire NFL class and that is AT MOST. Not 3 leaving per team some years. I don't even remember the last Soph to be drafted, Michael Crabtree maybe.

You have to be a pretty heavy hitter at the college level to even get a second look at the combine as a Sophomore. Andrew Luck type heavy.

High 80, low 90 rated guys who didn't win awards and weren't even top 10 statistically at their position shouldn't be threatening to pro in this game. Especially 6' 190 pound QB's with no passing skills.
It has plenty to do with the topic. If you redshirt a player, he has the progression of a Junior during his Redshirt Sophomore year. So that 5 star player could be in the 90's as a Sophomore and want to leave early.

Want an example from this year? Lamar Miller - Sophomore RB from Miami, going pro this year.

― Plato
Old 12-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It has plenty to do with the topic. If you redshirt a player, he has the progression of a Junior during his Redshirt Sophomore year. So that 5 star player could be in the 90's as a Sophomore and want to leave early.

Want an example from this year? Lamar Miller - Sophomore RB from Miami, going pro this year.
that is 1 example. I dont know about red, but I am having 3-5 guys trying to leave every year. Some years more. Other then my first 3 years as a HC on a terrible SMU squad did I not have anyone leave. Now its consistant and I am in year 2022. Its just annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »