Home

What should we really expect from NCAA 13 ?

This is a discussion on What should we really expect from NCAA 13 ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #33
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What should we really expect from NCAA 13 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk556
what should we really expect from 13 ?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #34
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I expect big things for next generation. EA has learned a lot from this current one about how to set a good foundation for games to be built off of. Madden 06, NBA Live 06, NCAA Football 07, NASCAR 08, etc, were horrible excuses for sports video games. I just don't see them screwing up this process again.

Hopefully, Madden/NCAA for the next-gen will be built off of a pure physics/momentum engine and not just canned-animations.
outside of the momentum meter, that was my favorite version of NCAA Football. Once next Next-gen comes out, we'll be back to square one.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #35
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm no EA fan but they did do a good job on tightening some aspects of the recruiting game that we have been asking for: it tells me where people are from during cuts to monitor pipelines, pipeline details more interesting, etc.

They truly need to work on gameplay. This and this only. All you glamoring for "gameday experience" I'd be willing to bet that by the fifth time will SKIP it everytime thereafter. The gameday "experience" they should work on is what affects me on the field: crowd interference/affects during the game, a more televised look, better viewing angles when passing and playing defense such that I can what the RB does who I am covering with my MLB as they run off the screen in the flat, etc.

"Physics" is a ghost I think. NHL has been trying this, they are on a 3 year physics development cycle, and I think we'd be simply too impatient for that similarly on NCAA.

The only thing that would drive EA for all of this is a competitor. That ain't probably going to happen until a 4th generation console comes out sadly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
They truly need to work on gameplay. This and this only. All you glamoring for "gameday experience" I'd be willing to bet that by the fifth time will SKIP it everytime thereafter. The gameday "experience" they should work on is what affects me on the field: crowd interference/affects during the game, a more televised look, better viewing angles when passing and playing defense such that I can what the RB does who I am covering with my MLB as they run off the screen in the flat, etc.

"Physics" is a ghost I think. NHL has been trying this, they are on a 3 year physics development cycle, and I think we'd be simply too impatient for that similarly on NCAA.

The only thing that would drive EA for all of this is a competitor. That ain't probably going to happen until a 4th generation console comes out sadly.
I fully agree.
This was the 1st year where I stopped playing the game because of gameplay. I could deal with the same atmosphere, if the game play is good.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #37
Rookie

bronko3's Arena

OVR: 3

Being that football is by far my favorite sport, this feels weird to say but...I've grown bored with the football video games. Both NCAA and Madden. I'd like to see more choices available on the market. Obviously there are contractual reasons that we don't get that but...I need something new, original and exciting. Not just the same game repackaged every year with slight tweaks. I've been a consumer who loyally buys each game on a year-to-year basis for a good long time but I think that time has now officially passed. Not really happy about it, for the longest time my greatest joy was picking up the new football games. That joy has been missing for a while now.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I expect big things for next generation. EA has learned a lot from this current one about how to set a good foundation for games to be built off of. Madden 06, NBA Live 06, NCAA Football 07, NASCAR 08, etc, were horrible excuses for sports video games. I just don't see them screwing up this process again.

Hopefully, Madden/NCAA for the next-gen will be built off of a pure physics/momentum engine and not just canned-animations.
I hope you're right. I'm sure they learned a lot, but they will still continue to sell the games even if they choose to not improve them. Also take into consideration next gen games will probably be $69.99 each to start with.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #39
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronko3
Being that football is by far my favorite sport, this feels weird to say but...I've grown bored with the football video games. Both NCAA and Madden. I'd like to see more choices available on the market. Obviously there are contractual reasons that we don't get that but...I need something new, original and exciting. Not just the same game repackaged every year with slight tweaks. I've been a consumer who loyally buys each game on a year-to-year basis for a good long time but I think that time has now officially passed. Not really happy about it, for the longest time my greatest joy was picking up the new football games. That joy has been missing for a while now.
I used to love them as well and then around Madden 05 or 06 it fell off. I've stuck with Ncaa but once 11 hit my love for it fell off as well
Old 02-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #40
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

I've searched and I couldn't find this anywhere. I'm sure it's been answered already, but is Texas State and UTSA expected to be in next years game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »