Home

FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

This is a discussion on FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 14
FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

Will the FCS finally be put back into NCAA football 13. I don't mind the fake FCS teams but it just be better to play against smaller in state teams compared to playing the FCS SE and etc. Hopefully EA stop wasting the time with the FCS SE and take out TeamBuilder because TeamBuilder honest I can't stand it because you can just create and add why not go back to how it was before. Did the FCS ban College football for using their license in the game? What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

It's just another excuse for EA this generation. There is NO reason they should not be included.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree FCS teams should be included, when they were I remember putting an FCS team in a dynasty, I'm pretty sure it was Alabama State, and I built them from the ground up, starting in Independence and eventually getting into the ACC, it makes the game more interesting.

PSN: G_LoverDuece
Old 03-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Well, chances are no, but there is hope this year. One of EA"s big reasons in the past for not including FCS teams was because the current game was built with the schedule only working with 120 teams.

Assuming they're adding all the new teams joining FBS football, that means the schedule has had to be redone, so there is hope that FCS teams are there, but more than likely EA is going to let us down in that department again.

― Plato
Old 03-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I'd guess no.

A Few Reason.

1- Only a few of them were ever in the old gen (HBCU and Ivies)
2- They need to make stadiums
3- Outside of OS, most people don't care (An oddly high amount of people don't even know what the FCS is)

I'd like them in, so I can use Lehigh, but TB is there.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

It would be nice, but like others have said, it's doubtful.

EA says it has to do with the disc space, I think it's just them being a little lazy and not putting a little extra time into the game. Of course, the game comes out once a year so they may not have the time.

I'd love for them to have both the FBS and FCS and give us the ability to a) bring teams up from the FCS to either fill a conference or create new conferences and b) use team builder to be able to add a D2 or D3 school to fill some FCS spots.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I'd guess no.

A Few Reason.

3- Outside of OS, most people don't care (An oddly high amount of people don't even know what the FCS is)

This isn't the case. Only a few conferences weren't in. I can't remember which ones, but they're in the FCS thread IN THE WISHLIST FORUM.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I'd guess no.

A Few Reason.

1. It was more than a few. They had the A-10/CAA, Big Sky, Missouri Valley, Ohio Valley, Southern, and the Southland in addition to the HBC's and the Ivy Leagues. You're a Lehigh fan so the Patriot league wasn't in so maybe that's where you got that assumption? They had a lot of FCS teams.

2. They never had real stadiums on the PS2 version (maybe on PS1). I think generic stadiums would be fine to start.

3. You may be right, but they had them in previous versions. They may also be able to attract fans of FCS schools and fans' interest in general. Playoffs too maybe. Just throwing that out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »