Home

How about simpler menus and less cheerleaders?

This is a discussion on How about simpler menus and less cheerleaders? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How about simpler menus and less cheerleaders?

Operation Sports forums > Countries > United States > How about simpler Dakotas and less Montana?

Quote:
Waste of space IMO. Could've been used in so many better ways.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
Banned

t2jBird's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm not saying this game is going to blow, and that we all should boycott. I'm all for waiting until everything has been announced, but from what I've already heard (that the menu takes a lot of room & they spent 2 weeks on usc's cheerleaders) and then they tell us that we can't have animated sidelines, or this, or that. It kinda irritated me. Just have a smooth functioning menu, nothing crazy, make that cheerleaders cardboard cut outs, and make the sidelines alive, or put in the chain gang!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #11
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Did they say somewhere that the entire team spent 2 weeks on the Song Girls? Or that they were worked on 24/7 for those two weeks? That's where the overreaction comes from. We hear they spent 2 weeks on USC's cheerleaders, and it's like some of you automatically assume the entire art team stopped what they were doing and focused on only that. When in reality it was probably one or two guys working for maybe an hour or so a day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
Banned

t2jBird's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Did they say somewhere that the entire team spent 2 weeks on the Song Girls? Or that they were worked on 24/7 for those two weeks? That's where the overreaction comes from. We hear they spent 2 weeks on USC's cheerleaders, and it's like some of you automatically assume the entire art team stopped what they were doing and focused on only that. When in reality it was probably one or two guys working for maybe an hour or so a day.
The way he said it, he made it seem like it was some huge task. Either way, though, I would rather have seen those 1-2 hours per day for two weeks go towards implementing a chain gang or even new equipment. Cheerleaders just don't have aything to do with the flow/look of the actual game being played.

Last edited by t2jBird; 04-07-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jBird
The way he said it, he made it seem like it was some huge task. Either way, though, I would rather have seen those 1-2 hours per day for two weeks go towards implementing a chain gang or even new equpment. Cheerleaders just don't have aything to do with the flow/look of the actual game being played.
Who even plays with USC
Old 04-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid FSU
Who even plays with USC
I would assume that USC fans do.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Don't hold your breath. The old menus were brutally slow and laggy, not just switching feature to feature but going in and out of depth chart and formation subs. Just loading the main menu when booting up the game took half a decade.

I can just imagine how insanely slow animated menus are.
that might be the most frustrating thing about this game. From starting the game to the time it takes to load a dynasty and start a game it takes like 10 mins. Meanwhile a game like NBA 2k12 once you're at the main menu you can be starting a game within a minute if not quicker.

And speaking of NBA 2k12, what are the chances EA added In Game Saves this year? Something people have been screaming for a while yet i doubt it was added because they felt that spending another year talking about the sky changing would interest people more than having the ability to save a game in the middle and start it up later.

Even navigating from menu to menu make this game so frustrating, especially for things like recruiting or setting up your depth chart or especially when you edit players. Add to that the boring background music and its been enough to make me not want to play the game many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
any amount of time they spent on the Song girls i would have rather them focus on new cleats, adding eye black, new collars/neckrolls, making the helmets fit correctly on the heads... basically any other aspect of art.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #16
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Menus?

Menus?

Menus?

OS never ceases to amaze me.

@AdamdotH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »