Home

I think team prestiage needs to be tuned

This is a discussion on I think team prestiage needs to be tuned within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #25
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I think team prestiage needs to be tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qck Dagger HeaT
I wouldn't say in Forever? I would say ever Since Brady Quinn they have been two 2 BCS bowls in the last 10 years They played Ohio St. In the Fiesta Bowl and lost Quinns Sr. Year and his Jr Year they played Lsu and lost that one 2 they have had about 5 or 6 consecutive bad seasons but I would make them a 5 star as well and yea I Agree Florida has a great case since it's the SEC the best conference in college football (no1 can disagree with that) I wouldn't be mad if they gave them 2 or 3 6 stars. Between Florida Lsu and Alabama but Alabama is the top case of that three IMO
True true, I guess I meant relevant in terms of Notre Dame's standards. LSU really embarrassed Notre Dame in that game. JaMarcus haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #26
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
I agree I mean Florida was pretty good in the 90's with Spurrier to, but go back further than that and they were not that great at all

Along with everybody having down years Florida, OSU, even Bama struggled for a bit right before Saban but both those 2 teams have good tradition.

I know OSU and Florida as a whole program including all sports have to be close to the very top... Where as Bama might not
Old 05-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #27
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Florida, Bama, and Lsu have won 2 national titles each in about a decade since LSU started the trend

Everyone seems to say LSU is a no brainier 6* even though they have only won 3 titles in all correct? And 1 was with 2 loses... Along with Bama not even wining there conference an won it

So I don't see how Florida couldn't be if LSU is... Idk I almost think they should re evaluate every 10 years because alot can happen to a program in that time. I mean look at Arkansas they have been a bottom feeder and have shot up pretty high in just a few years not saying there a 6* lol but they have changed alot as have other teams
10 yrs vs college football history. Bama is the only one with a history of winning. Bama has won in many different eras. Prestige is about the history as well as the present.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #28
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qck Dagger HeaT
Not to be a homer but Ohio St. Is a 6* school we have the only 2X Heisman Trophy winner Archie Griffin Multiple National titles one of them was won in the past ten years always top 25 recruiting class most years in the top 10 Our stadium is ALWAYS ranked in the top 10 toughest stadiums Plus Ohio St has Deep Tradition. Please don't get caught up in one season and know your college football History Michigan as much as i H8 them is a 6 Star school as well Texas is A MUST 6 Star they have a recruiting lock on the best state for High school Football, Alabama is a must 6* star along with USC You can toss LSU in the conversation because they have a great case Notre Dame as much as i dislike them is a coin flip there ALWAYS top ten in recruiting the Name Norte Dame recruits its self they have had some down years but there Tradition is unrivaled and is as great as OSU's and Michigan's Tradition. Oklahoma is a coin toss and has a case so does Virginia Tech and Florida

The rest don't have a case I'm sorry Oregon welcome to the college football scene sure you have been great the last 5 years or so but where were u 20 30 years ago? Congratulation on your FIRST BCS bowl come talk to me when you have 4 or 5 more?
Oklahoma is not a coin toss. The has a long storied history paired with recent success. They have NCs, hesiman winners, bowl history, etc. They are a 6*.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #29
Banned

tlew09's Arena

OVR: 0
I'd rather debate how schools become so prestigious over the course of a dynasty, rather than argue college football history. The whole prestige "system" needs revamped.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #30
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlew09
I'd rather debate how schools become so prestigious over the course of a dynasty, rather than argue college football history. The whole prestige "system" needs revamped.
Ya it's way to easy to move up I'm just a few years. It shouldn't take no 20+30 years but maybe like 10
Old 05-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #31
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Ya it's way to easy to move up I'm just a few years. It shouldn't take no 20+30 years but maybe like 10
1-4* You can jump in one year.

From 4 to 5 it should take 3 years of sustained success (clearly defined)

From 5 to 6 should take 5 years of even higher sustained success (Clearly defined) and a NC.

How would you feel about something like this?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I think team prestiage needs to be tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Ohio State, Michigan... What have they done lately to deserve 6*? 5*, yes. UF used to be a 6* til last year. The same can be said for Texas. Noter Dame is a 4* IMO. They only have name recognition. They havent mattered in years.
People forget Texas was in the title game 2 years ago, and probably would have won had Colt not gone down (I mean, we went 5-7 the next year with Gilbert starting, and we were actually close in the Bama game).
Go Mavericks!
Go Rangers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »