Home

Player rating changes

This is a discussion on Player rating changes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 03:17 AM   #89
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Player rating changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
The lawsuits argument was already disproven on the last page
You disprove nothing on the last page. Sorry. Fortunately for some of us, we look at the whole picture and don't blame EA for every little "mistake".

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 9

the lawsuits didnt make them decide to start having everyone rated in the 80's and 90's with multiple A+ teams every year. nor was the lawsuit to blame when they were touting this new roster guy who knew everything about every player in the nation, yet we still ended up with a jacked up roster that outraged everyone and they had to release a new default roster in the ea locker on release day.

it may be laziness, it may be lack of resources, or whatever.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...oss-board.html

^i started this thread because i saw some really odd changes from last year to this year for south carolina, couldnt get a reply to see if its an isolated incident or not.

Last edited by ActLikeYouCrow; 06-29-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
yep not sure why EA has nebver bothered to observe the way they handle their team and player ratings.

i don't understand what's wrong with good players being rated in the 70-80 range with top dogs getting that rare 90+ rating.

Every year we see all these RB's and QB's rated way too high and there is no way that should be the case.

You would think based on NCAA ratings that 8-10 QB's are #1 NFL Prospects.

The reason why all QB's appear to play the same is because they have these over inflated accuarcy and throw power ratings which takes away from the realism of having to play with a marginal guy compaired to stud when using these players.

If a guy can't throw deep with accuracy what the hell is wrong with giving him 60 throw power instead of 80?

SEPERATION SEPERATION SEPERATION

That should be one of the top the agenda's for all roster makers this year to create Player Seperation using the ratings and not have them all so congested making it a non factor when using bad players compaired to good players on the field.
I totally agree with this post, and I think NCAA really needs to add in the accuracy ranges that Madden has with short, medium and long. But I would also see like arm strength or something to represent the velocity on passes, like some players have the zip while some don't even on short passes, and I would like to be able to see that represented as well.

But yes seperation needs to be there, but I could see them really hurting some teams that are down towards the bottom of the BCS teams getting hit hard with the seperation because they wouldn't rate them very well. Like my Iowa State Cyclones, who tend to show up enough to mess things up lol.

But they really need to make players play to a type or something, and not be all around players to make overalls look pretty. Yes people like to see those high stats because they want their players at the top but if they all come down then those players will still be towards the top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #92
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
You disprove nothing on the last page. Sorry. Fortunately for some of us, we look at the whole picture and don't blame EA for every little "mistake".
Wasnt me who disproved it.

Besides, it's already been clearly shown earlier in this thread, and others, that EA bases them off the real rosters.

So you're telling me EA shouldnt be held accountable for their mistakes?

For example, the terrible, half done, commentary in Madden 12 wasnt EA's fault? Yea, ok. sure.

Last edited by Ky3217; 06-29-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #93
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
Wasnt me who disproved it.

Besides, it's already been clearly shown earlier in this thread, and others, that EA bases them off the real rosters.

So you're telling me EA shouldnt be held accountable for their mistakes?

For example, the terrible, half done, commentary in Madden 12 wasnt EA's fault? Yea, ok. sure.
Because this is the NCAA forum and this is a thread about rosters. I said nothing about Madden. So no, EA should NOT be held accountable for NCAA roster mistakes.

Didn't think I'd have to lay it out like that, but I can't expect everyone to know how to read and understand different forums and thread titles.

So yeah, ok. Sure.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #94
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Because this is the NCAA forum and this is a thread about rosters. I said nothing about Madden. So no, EA should NOT be held accountable for NCAA roster mistakes.

Didn't think I'd have to lay it out like that, but I can't expect everyone to know how to read and understand different forums and thread titles.

So yeah, ok. Sure.
Just as I would expect someone to know the meaning of the word "example".

So EA shouldnt be held accountable for something they make? They make the rosters dont they? It's already been proven that they're based off real rosters. The fact that they mess up terrible, is most likely based off laziness.

Here, I'll give you more examples... It's not they're fault that uniform degradation has been terrible? It's not their fault that they always mess up uniforms and stadiums? It's not their fault that current equipment isnt in the game?

There's a reason EA was voted as the worst company in America dude. Hop off them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »