Home

Anyone else going generated names this year?

This is a discussion on Anyone else going generated names this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #17
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Anyone else going generated names this year?

Why would you use generated names when you can wait a week or less from release and have very accurate rosters from people who put a ton of effort into, giving you a better, more realistic product to enjoy?!?! It doesn't cost you a dime. Download the OS community roster, I promise it won't let you down man.

Also I think it's fun as a big college football fan to see which freshman and sophmores turn into the next stars. It's more fun when you play a 5 year dynasty, and two years from now you're watching a college game on TV, and say, "holy cow, thats so and so from my dynasty a few years ago, he's a stud." I actually had that happen with LB Mychal Kendricks from Cal. I'm not a Cal fan but used them in my first online dynasty in 2010, he wasn't rated super high then, and I played him early. He got drafted high this year, and it was cool to see.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing a little dynasty with generated names before the good rosters come out, but yeah I can't imagine using them long term.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #19
Rookie

420 others's Arena

OVR: 2

Since I have Season Pass, I will simulate 5 seasons then start from there. That is until the named rosters come out.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #20
Rookie

riggs6taters's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm with the majority on here, I have to have real rosters or the experience suffers majorly for me. On a side note, this just brings up that sore spot of no imports this year. Makes me sick
Old 07-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #21
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

just a question? i thought everyone complained because the imported draft classes were screwy? I didnt play madden long enough to do it last year but was it fixed?

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 03:00 AM   #22
Rookie

newbsrus22's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie16
just a question? i thought everyone complained because the imported draft classes were screwy? I didnt play madden long enough to do it last year but was it fixed?
No it was even worse last year. Idk about anyone else but importing draft classes sometimes would corrupt my franchise making me have to start over. Which in turn made me pawn my madden off within weeks.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #23
Rookie

KingFrieza's Arena

OVR: 2

Starting an offline dynasty will probably be the first thing I do. I want to get into the new recruiting right away and see what that's all about. The plan is no names.. yup going to go with QB #16 ftw..

Gonna sim all the games. Do all the recruiting myself. Then see what kind of team I have. By the time I get all the numbered players to graduate I'm sure named rosters will be out that I'll use w/ friends for online dynasty.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 0
What I'll do is likely start my Alabama dynasty with generated names to get a feel for the mode and jump right in. Download named rosters when they come out and do my other dynasties.

I'm not one that's driven bonkers by generated names, but I prefer to have the real names, it just adds to something I enjoy every year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »