Home

NCAA Football 13 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #41
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 13 Impressions Thread

At least they fixed the Big 10 Championship game not being played inside with outdoor weather this year.

Also, that awful blue lighting filter for indoor games seems to be gone. They look much better.

Will definitely need a patch for some terrible AI on certain option/read plays. I see too many players backing up or just standing still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #42
Rookie

Goose26's Arena

OVR: 3

I may just be optimistic here, but a lot of these sound like issues that can be fixed with sliders. Has anyone messed around with any to see if they solve some of the issues with screens or CPU pass defense?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Got the game via early season ticket cool, no problem. Despite what some say a lot of improvements in certain areas.

HOWEVER, and this is gonna be primarily aimed at my online players, but could affect your enjoyment against the cpu as well. The deep ball is out of control right now. I don't care if you play cover 3, 4 whatever, unless you are playing two under man, you are basically screwed. What happens is the defenders, whether it be a corner in cover 3 or 4, or a safety are letting the receivers get behind them way to often. This guy just put up 72 points on me, when I had OU, 90 percent of it was hail mary type passes. I am sure I will not be the only one to discover this, but it needs to be addressed, because it is ruining a potentially good game.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #44
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose26
I may just be optimistic here, but a lot of these sound like issues that can be fixed with sliders. Has anyone messed around with any to see if they solve some of the issues with screens or CPU pass defense?
If you can point me to a "don't stand there on an option while the QB/HB run straight past you" slider, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Last edited by HARTSTOPPER; 07-06-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #45
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

deleted my own thread.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 07-06-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #46
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Have to say that this is my first year playing a final version of NCAA on the PS3 (did '07-12 on the 360). I got season ticket on my PS3 because I want to move my NCAA gaming to it due to more hard drive space. After playing, it's clear I'll be staying on 360 because I find the PS3 visuals quite inferior.

The lighting effects seem to be diminished by comparison, there is a weird blurriness (not motion blur) in replays, textures overall seem less sharp and kind of muddy, and the way the lighting interacts with everything seems much flatter than on the 360. General gameplay looks less sharp as well.

Not trying to crap on the PS3. I want to play it on PS3, but my experience is that there is significant difference in visual quality (plays fine on PS3).
Old 07-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #47
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
First year I've actually cancelled my preorder. Just feels exactly the same as last years game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #48
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Dynasty mode, QB completion percentages are ATROCIOUS! Has any one else noticed this during the studio updates?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »