Home

What playbook to use in NCAA 13?

This is a discussion on What playbook to use in NCAA 13? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #49
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What playbook to use in NCAA 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I pretty much got shut down in my OD last night by some tight man coverage. Late in the game I was getting open on some double routes. I'm running with North Carolina using Wisconsin's playbook. I only found a couple double routes in that playbook. Anyone know a good playbook with a lot of double routes? Preferably a Pro-Set, but I am willing to change my style if needed.
Your using a smash mouth playbook for a spread teams? Try Buffalo, Louisiana tech, tulsa or north texas playbooks. Very underrated spread books.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #50
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
Your using a smash mouth playbook for a spread teams? Try Buffalo, Louisiana tech, tulsa or north texas playbooks. Very underrated spread books.
Yeah, I wanted to covert the team. I think I am going to bail on that plan now. My offense has been pretty stagnant all season. Thanks for the tip, I will take a look at these books. I also wasn't utilizing the whip route, so mixing that hot route in might help me out as well.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 07-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #51
Pro

JWR3232's Arena

OVR: 5
I'll give a vote for Texas state really nice play book gave a spark to my army offensive coordinator may save my job
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #52
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Boise State has some fun trick plays.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #53
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

Clemson's playbook is based off what they ran last year...

Clemson is switching to the Pistol... any suggestions for a Pistol spread, with balance?

thanks

Old 07-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #54
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammaxwell
Clemson's playbook is based off what they ran last year...

Clemson is switching to the Pistol... any suggestions for a Pistol spread, with balance?

thanks
Where have you seen that they were going to switch to the Pistol? They ran it a bunch last year, but not more than they ran shotgun and Coach Morris' base offense is pretty well set from that offset gun look.

I am not sure you'll find a default playbook that has what Clemson does offensively split even across SG and Pistol. What I would do is probably start with Clemson as a base and then just go in and add some Pistol sets to it.

I had made a custom playbook that was somewhat based off of Chad Morris' offense that was split evenly between Pistol and Gun, 8 formations each but when I got done with it, I hated the way it turned out and scrapped it for a later date.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #55
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4

Clemson isn't going to the pistol. In the off-season Chad Morris went to Nevada to study it, but we are still running his system. Chad said that we may see it sometimes during short-yardage situations (which we struggled in last season). I'd go custom playbook, select Clemson's and add a few pistol formations if you want.

I currently like Miami(FL)'s. It has some nice ACE, I-form, Weak, and shotgun formations. Great variety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #56
Pro

OVR: 3

I run Boise State's offense. I set my audibles up so that I can make quick adjustments at the line of scrimmage to create mismatches.

For instance, I'll come out in a I-Form Twin TE set, then audible into Ace Jumbo H-Strong Zone Wk play. The FB moves over to be the 2nd TE on the right side, then he'll motion to an offset left FB spot to sort of create a Weak-I Tight formation. As soon as he gets in that spot, the QB gets the snap and hands it to the HB who follows the FB right into the hole between the Tackle and Guard on the left side.

I've gotten a lot of success off of that play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »