Home

NCAA Football 13 Is About To Suffer The Same Fate As Fight Night Champion

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Is About To Suffer The Same Fate As Fight Night Champion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #73
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA Football 13 Is About To Suffer The Same Fate As Fight Night Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Knight
You really just hate EA mate, or else you wouldn't be so obviously biased.

I have NBA 2k12, MLB 2k12, NCAA 2k12, Madden 12, and Fifa 12. I am well aware of all the other sports titles. NBA 2k12 had less progression than NCAA. I can't really name more than 3 things that were new in 2k12. And I loved the game, but it wasn't a big difference.

In NCAA, over 400 animations, over 200 uni pieces, pass trajectories, read and react defense, a ton of new stadiums, Hiesman Challenge.

Go to the Show forums on this very site. You'll see most considered the recent game a minor update at best, so not sure where you're pulling that from.

And NFL 2k5 was 7 years ago, on the ps2. NCAA had much more content then as well.

So I pretty much took care of every argument you just made. Any questions?

Oh, and to above, EA bought out the liscense from the NFL, so 2k couldn't legally make a NFL football game. It's why they tried using retired legends in APF 2K8. Good gameplay, but the fact that there wasn't real nfl players or free agency made it so I couldn't get into that game.
ea *****? i play fifa 12. im playing fifa more then im playing the show. not just fifa, i play non sports ea titles too like warhammer, mass effect, battlefield 2, etc. i could go on for long time on all the ea games ive enjoyed over the years.

i want to see ncaa football become better then a below average game.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidirkulousPokes
Just realized that. That's what I get for skimming. I'm an English teacher too, so much for comprehension.
I got a 35 on the English section of my last ACT, and I don't understand half the things I read on this site either honestly.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #75
Banned

Lekcots11's Arena

OVR: 3

Im a HUGE college football fan. My negatives are more exterior than interior. I believe the gameplay is pretty good for not having the infinity engine, other than some glitches. But i cant stand when jerseys, facemasks and stadiums are wrong. I will never go back to Madden cause, one, I'm not a huge professional sports fan, nor will i ever be, and two, when Madden came out with the "redo" the play feature in 09, i stopped playing. havent played a madden game since nor will i
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #76
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Clicking on an obvious "negative thread" and being offended by user's concerns about the direction of the game is odd in it's own right, I have no idea why people do it.

I'm a huge College football fan. I dont work on weekends or have kids so I'm able to sit on my couch and watch college football from 10am to 1am. I've purchased every Ncaa since 2000. As I am an online only guy I am spared a lot issues dealing with cpu A.I(playcalling, option etc), as a result I usually play about 500+ games annually online.

Ncaa 13 will be the 1st version I haven't purchased in over a decade.

My reasons for not buying.

1. Lack of adequate innovation as a whole IMO
2. Failure to address Oline/Dline
3. Lack of Infinity engine
4. Copy & pasting RTG dressing it up as Heisman mode (Huge feature)
5. Teambuilder progress
6. Little to no equipment upgrades. Big equipment guy
7. Overpowering offense.

Talking to my friends/casual gamers who are very excited about Ncaa 13 is extremely painful knowing 13's inadequacies.

Previous 3 year history.

2010 versions: < 80 Ncaa games online, purchased Madden for Online franchise

2011 versions: 500+ Ncaa games online, didn't purchase Madden

2012 version: < 50 Ncaa games, Purchased Madden

2013 version: Didn't even download the demo.

I'm hoping for the best, but if last console generation leap was any indication on how our next leap will be you can leave me out of 2014 & 2015.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Clicking on an obvious "negative thread" and being offended by user's concerns about the direction of the game is odd in it's own right, I have no idea why people do it.

I'm a huge College football fan. I dont work on weekends or have kids so I'm able to sit on my couch and watch college football from 10am to 1am. I've purchased every Ncaa since 2000. As I am an online only guy I am spared a lot issues dealing with cpu A.I(playcalling, option etc), as a result I usually play about 500+ games annually online.

Ncaa 13 will be the 1st version I haven't purchased in over a decade.

My reasons for not buying.

1. Lack of adequate innovation as a whole IMO
2. Failure to address Oline/Dline
3. Lack of Infinity engine
4. Copy & pasting RTG dressing it up as Heisman mode (Huge feature)
5. Teambuilder progress
6. Little to no equipment upgrades. Big equipment guy
7. Overpowering offense.

Talking to my friends/casual gamers who are very excited about Ncaa 13 is extremely painful knowing 13's inadequacies.

Previous 3 year history.

2010 versions: < 80 Ncaa games online, purchased Madden for Online franchise

2011 versions: 500+ Ncaa games online, didn't purchase Madden

2012 version: < 50 Ncaa games, Purchased Madden

2013 version: Didn't even download the demo.

I'm hoping for the best, but if last console generation leap was any indication on how our next leap will be you can leave me out of 2014 & 2015.
im in the same boat as you been buying ncaa asince it was called bill walsh and madden was joe montana. for some reason every year they seem to take out the small things that made them great and what the fans wanted and put in stuff we could careless about.game play and cpu AI seem to be takeing steps back.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #78
Pro

OVR: 2

I agree in part with what the original poster is getting at..

I'm one of the Bill Walsh era guys that just refuses to buy the game this year simply because I don't feel there's enough improvement for a rather average game to begin with. It's no longer worth the time or money at this point and like a few have commented earlier I didn't even know it was out today until yesterday.

And, I'm a huge EA fan, I've always loved EA and EA Sports growing up - But in regards to NCAA football, I'm off that bandwagon. Madden I got off the bandwagon 3 years ago but enjoyed last year's game and may even give this year's game a try more than likely on the VITA. Which again, NCAA I would have probably bought on the VITA as it would have made the game seem somewhat different than predecessors by just being mobile, but that would have been it.

I haven't played NBA 2k since 2K9 because quite frankly the controls were getting real complicated; however I recognize they're great games. The SHOW speaks for itself and FIFA has me converted and like other posters I probably play it the longest for past 2 years ... NCAA just doesn't give that same feeling of proudness anymore which I never would have imagined happening if asked even 10 years ago.

And judging from impressions, bugs, and complaints threads there are a number of complaints that people have been complaining consistently about for the past 2 or 3 years - And, that's just unacceptable to me at this point in my life.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #79
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanner
I agree in part with what the original poster is getting at..

I'm one of the Bill Walsh era guys that just refuses to buy the game this year simply because I don't feel there's enough improvement for a rather average game to begin with. It's no longer worth the time or money at this point and like a few have commented earlier I didn't even know it was out today until yesterday.

And, I'm a huge EA fan, I've always loved EA and EA Sports growing up - But in regards to NCAA football, I'm off that bandwagon. Madden I got off the bandwagon 3 years ago but enjoyed last year's game and may even give this year's game a try more than likely on the VITA. Which again, NCAA I would have probably bought on the VITA as it would have made the game seem somewhat different than predecessors by just being mobile, but that would have been it.

I haven't played NBA 2k since 2K9 because quite frankly the controls were getting real complicated; however I recognize they're great games. The SHOW speaks for itself and FIFA has me converted and like other posters I probably play it the longest for past 2 years ... NCAA just doesn't give that same feeling of proudness anymore which I never would have imagined happening if asked even 10 years ago.

And judging from impressions, bugs, and complaints threads there are a number of complaints that people have been complaining consistently about for the past 2 or 3 years - And, that's just unacceptable to me at this point in my life.
Bingo.

I don't expect EA to re-invent the wheel with every new release and I think the new passing game is a solid step in the right direction but to have the same issuse going on now for 2 or 3 years is unacceptable. I don't expect perfection but it isn't asking much to fix what's been plaguing a game....in any other industry if a product had a defect in a prior version it would not be released in the future until it was fixed.
And I would add the fact that they need to live up to their hype. If they make big improvements to the passing game don't have it where players are calling for deep passes and the safeties watch the receivers blow by them. If you are hyping all new stadium sounds and the addition of the audio team from FIFA don't have me sitting there bouncing back from the demo to '12 and not being able to tell the difference.

I've playing this game for I don't know how long and (speaking of the past 2 or 3 years) this is the first time I remember where obvious glitches carried over from one iteration to the next.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

Game has been mishandled for some time and I gave up on it a few years ago. I've also been playing over the span of two decades. (collge football on Sega Genesis).I basically just check the message boards to see what's new. Sadly I see the same rehashed options, buggy gameplay, and "we'll-patch-it-later" attitude. I am, however, surpised to see the momentum for this game at the level it is. Not saying it's great, but more that I expected...

Last edited by gdav125; 07-10-2012 at 04:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »