Home

Can't use the custom playbook in practice mode (dynasty)

This is a discussion on Can't use the custom playbook in practice mode (dynasty) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't use the custom playbook in practice mode (dynasty)

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but I'm just desperate for answers on a few issues if someone may have some.

1) How do I practice with my custom playbook in Dynasty mode? I play in a very competitive online Dynasty league with some co-workers and there's no way to practice with your dynasty team and playbook.

2) How come on custom offensive playbooks, some of the right stick audible stop working? I'm surprised there's no way to customize those audibles also.

These have been problems since at least 11 and 12. I figured they'd be fixed in 13? I'm sorry if these questions are redundant or have been answered many times, but I'm new here. I'm surprised I don't see more about these issues. Thanks.

Sentinal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Can't use the custom playbook in practice mode (dynasty)

There was a time in '12 where you could save your custom playbooks, then immediately resave your profile at the main menu, load the dynasty/OD and it would work but that effort is futile now.

Seems even worse this year, as before you could at least get the base playbook you used to show up in dynasty practice. This year, I dont even recognize the playbook that comes up...i guess it must be team specific.

Anyone been able to solve this issue?
Old 07-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinal
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but I'm just desperate for answers on a few issues if someone may have some.

1) How do I practice with my custom playbook in Dynasty mode? I play in a very competitive online Dynasty league with some co-workers and there's no way to practice with your dynasty team and playbook.

2) How come on custom offensive playbooks, some of the right stick audible stop working? I'm surprised there's no way to customize those audibles also.

These have been problems since at least 11 and 12. I figured they'd be fixed in 13? I'm sorry if these questions are redundant or have been answered many times, but I'm new here. I'm surprised I don't see more about these issues. Thanks.

Sentinal

I had the same problem then I restarted the dynasty and created a brand new coach and set my custom playbook as his playbook and was able to practice with it but it seemed to set back to the default team playbook during sim because it was an exclusive 5WR playbook but the stats featured RBs and FBs getting carries.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Am I missing something or is it not possible to use a custom playbook in Online Dynasty this year? None of my custom playbooks show up as choices.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezymac
There was a time in '12 where you could save your custom playbooks, then immediately resave your profile at the main menu, load the dynasty/OD and it would work but that effort is futile now.

Seems even worse this year, as before you could at least get the base playbook you used to show up in dynasty practice. This year, I dont even recognize the playbook that comes up...i guess it must be team specific.

Anyone been able to solve this issue?
from what I remember of '12, it always used the playbook you chose when creating your coach. for example, I chose the TCU playbook when I created my coach(since you couldn't pick a custom playbook), so in practice mode it was always TCU's playbook, but for games I used my custom playbook. don't know about 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #6
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
from what I remember of '12, it always used the playbook you chose when creating your coach. for example, I chose the TCU playbook when I created my coach(since you couldn't pick a custom playbook), so in practice mode it was always TCU's playbook, but for games I used my custom playbook. don't know about 13.
The way it's working now, you get the default playbook of whatever team you chose to coach. I picked Clemson (spread) when creating a coach, play with Auburn and it brings up Auburn's playbook in practice.

In the same vein, the recruiting plan defensive playing style will not stay the same as the coach philosophy base defense either. I have a multiple d based custom but it shows my defensive playing style is 4-3. If I change my def playing style to multiple D, it automatically changes my coach phil base defense from the custom multiple D to a regular multiple D. I think this also stems from the default base defense of whatever team you coach sticking to you, much like the practice playbook situation. This is unconfirmed though because I cant recall what Auburn's base defense was before I changed it.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgmoney
Am I missing something or is it not possible to use a custom playbook in Online Dynasty this year? None of my custom playbooks show up as choices.
The commish has the option when creating the OD on whether or not to allow CPBs. It sounds like yours chose not to because they are usable in ODs.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks for the answer, sounds like I need to hit my commish up to fix th

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »