Home

Update from EA?

This is a discussion on Update from EA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Update from EA?

We've had the pre-release hit, a tuner hit, and launch day come and go, but have we heard anything from EA? What does the Tuner supposedly fix? This is the first time in a few years (that I remember) with no launch patch and we don't have any other word on any updates?

Has there been notice that I'm just not seeing?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Update from EA?

As usual, don't expect any type of patch anytime soon with an EA game. It usually takes them 3 times as long as any other developing company. The link below says that we should not expect any patch until mid-August at the earliest.

http://www.examiner.com/article/free...upcoming-patch

"Don't expect these new uniforms too soon as the developers are currently targeting mid-August to release a patch that allows uniforms to be updated in-game."

Last edited by brutx15; 07-15-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Mid August is what I've read. I think those guys go and help push out Madden before it hits in July before they work on the first of the two NCAA patches, which will include some uniforms and uniform fixes in the first one...a first for the series.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 13

This has been the trend for EA. just remember last year, how the tuner ruined more than it fixed and same goes for patches. I have little to no confidence in EA anymore.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 07-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
We've had the pre-release hit, a tuner hit, and launch day come and go, but have we heard anything from EA? What does the Tuner supposedly fix? This is the first time in a few years (that I remember) with no launch patch and we don't have any other word on any updates?

Has there been notice that I'm just not seeing?
well they did say they would add new uniforms in an update in august for free, Is this free DLC or is just going to be part of an update. that is the question.

I would love to see recruits come in with higher awareness ratings they seem a tad low, like the past couple of years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
well they did say they would add new uniforms in an update in august for free, Is this free DLC or is just going to be part of an update. that is the question.

I would love to see recruits come in with higher awareness ratings they seem a tad low, like the past couple of years

I thought it was part of the update. If you want to know historically when they put them out, Pasta Padre is a good source as they rate them/list all details. OS should have them too, but I am thinking you don't see an NCAA one until a few weeks after Madden is out so end of July, early Aug.

Last edited by slick1ru2; 07-15-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
This has been the trend for EA. just remember last year, how the tuner ruined more than it fixed and same goes for patches. I have little to no confidence in EA anymore.
But you bought NCAA 13?
Old 07-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
But you bought NCAA 13?
Hell no! I'm just reading and keeping up with the game.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »