Home

Which do you prefer....

This is a discussion on Which do you prefer.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Which do you prefer....

Glad to know that I'm not alone. It is frustrating indeed for the first 3-5 years. Getting clobbered by 30+ points at times, turnover ratio that is scary to even look at at seasons end, ecstatic if you land a 3 star. But it's all worth it after you get over the hump. I usually jump ship after I feel like my job is done there and take a job at a top tier school. Makes it that much more rewarding when I land that big time job.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

yeah i just started a one star dynasty with Memphis and i think it is ten times more fun than my Wisconsin dynasty
Old 07-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

I usually have two dynasties going at one time. One where I play as my alma mater (VT) that I usually only go a couple seasons in to, and one where I start out as Marshall and build them up. The second one I'll get really in to, and after building them up to be a powerhouse I'll go to some other school (not usually a 1* but a 2 or 3* with a little potential) and see how long Marshall stays a power team. Then rinse and repeat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

This year I might start out as an offensive coordinator at a decent school (but not a top-25) for a year, then take the head coaching position at a smaller school and work my way up from there.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

Usually every year I'll do one for Arkansas (my team) and then a few starting at 1* schools.

I really don't like being a top school but Arkansas offers a different set of circumstances. A lot of top players are seniors so need to rebuild right away. Despite starting game Top 10 a lot of recruiting points are in the low B's and C's. They play in the SEC so every game is a challenge.

Playing as like a Bama or USC, I'd just get so bored. Those teams always great and recruiting is very easy.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5

I go with the powerhouse route because I get frustrated when I lose out on guys when recruiting. I remember in 1 Clemson Dynasty that I did, I lost out on some 3 star and 4 star recruits. That made me so mad, but I like to either play as Cemson or a bigger powerhouse team. This all happened to me in NCAA 12 by the way. I've always wanted to try a small school like UCF though.

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #15
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

My offline is always with my favorite team, Michigan. My OD is with someone significantly weaker. I used ASU last year and I'm using a terrible SMU team in the Big XII this year. In my offline, since I'm solely in control of my sliders I can still make it a challenge (I had a lot more losses in my Michigan offline than I did in my ASU OD because of this). It's fun to build up a small school, but I'd never use some 1* because I'm all about realism and there is absolutely nothing even remotely realistic about taking a 1* UTSA team and then winning national championships with them. Some people like this, but this would make me sick.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #16
Rookie

MathisJones's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm a mix. I play with FLORIDA STATE because I'm a huge huge huge fan; I know them & their roster inside out. I play as realistically as I can & have even "medically" redshirted guys or sat guys after whatever game they got injured in (ie, sat Thompson on the game after WF when he broke his back in '11). Yeah, really nerd it out lol. I also play with FSU & just play like I would any other dynasty ... so I usually have 2 going with them.

Then I also do a softer team. Not always a terrible team, but a non-traditional team. A few years ago it was Arkansas, then it was South Florida. Played as Baylor before RGIII. Was a dynasty where I went from FSU to OkST to OrST. That was fun. Fresno St. Troy last year. Southern Miss (I like their uniforms).

I like having a dominating dynasty & I like having a challenge, too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »