Home

I cannot stop the blitz (passing).

This is a discussion on I cannot stop the blitz (passing). within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #9
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I cannot stop the blitz (passing).

Also take note that the user blocking, pass and run, has some issues this year. The AI line just seems absolutely oblivious to what is happening at times, or even what their position is.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:59 AM   #10
Rookie

WVFAN25314's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
Many people I play blitz one person on the extra side of a play.

I have 1 second to throw the ball before I get sacked, it's impossible for any of my receivers to even get 10 yards before I get sacked.

Furthermore, while they are blitzing, they clog the middle with a defense that looks like the 3-3-5 so I can't throw the slant.

What am I even supposed to do against this? I'm in shotgun, I hot route my running back to block to the side they are blitzing on and my running back just ignores the blitzer and lets him sack me every time.

Also another question I have is, I can't throw on defenses that clog the middle. Anything down the middle will be intercepted because there are 6 people there. Draw is obviously a bad idea, any run plays obviously gets stuffed because there is 8 in the box. Flats are covered. Curls are covered. I again have no answer to this.
Really what you need to do is read the play.

From what you've said it sounds like their would be a blitzing DB, with a 3 man rush, and 3 lbs dropping into a shallow zone over the middle.

Idk what kinda coverage from you're description, but maybe try an out route or send your RB on a wheel route. If the lbs are in a zone over the middle, and the DB's are in coverage then he should be able to go for some decent yardage.

-Paul "Bear" Bryant

Last edited by WVFAN25314; 07-19-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVFAN25314
Really what you need to do is read the play.

From what you've said it sounds like their would be a blitzing DB, with a 3 man rush, and 3 lbs dropping into a shallow zone over the middle.

Idk what kinda coverage from you're description, but maybe try an out route or send your RB on a wheel route. If the lbs are in a zone over the middle, and the DB's are in coverage then he should be able to go for some decent yardage.
The problem with helping here is he's saying all the things they do on several plays - not what they are doing on one specific play. I think he wants a play that will work at 3rd and long - against the blitz - against a zone - and against man. Needless to say i haven't found that play yet.

OP - please describe the specific formation / blitz / coverage you are having the most issue with and we can help pick some plays that are successful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #12
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

If you're getting blitzed constantly, switch to running. Toss plays, stretch, counters. Pinch your blockers in. If he doesn't stop blitzing, soon enough you'll be gashing him for 6-10 every play or so.

Evolve your play style. Passing, while fun and awesome, is not the only choice for ball movement.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #13
Rookie

VincentB's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks for all the advice in this thread. Very useful information indeed.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #14
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Sounds like some cheese going on as well. I played a guy that blitzed every down. I just threw screen after screen until he stopped. Don't know your exact situation, but this may help

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have also found that the team you are playing with matter so much as it relates to players who blitz. I typically play as Memphis ( yes, I know they suck). Memphis has very, very little chance of winning these type of games. The line is horrible & the skill players are not much better. Dump screens get blown up and sacks occur in micro seconds.

I played a blitzing guy online with Memphis & he destroyed me. We played again & I took Texas and wore him out with runs up the middle, dump routes & wheel plays. Same guy, same tactics, completely different results.

Teams have ratings for a reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #16
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
How is a drag route going to get me the proper yardage on 3rd down?

The screen gets blown up when they are in pass coverage in 3-3-5.

There isn't a deep outside route you can throw in the time it takes a blitz to get to you. What if they are playing man? It's a 50% chance I'm going to throw an interception in that situation on an outside throw. What if they press? Then there is no way I'm going to get the throw off.
3rd and long is supposed to be difficult. Your best is a quick out or in, and making the over the top safeties miss when trying to stop you shy of the marker. If you are trying to complete a pass passed the 1st down marker on 3rd and very long against a blitz, you aren't playing smart football. With the blitz in this situation, the short and possible intermediate routes should be open, however they will be looking to stop the deep ball. Like to run 3 man routes in these situations. A quick slant and an out Cris crossing on the side I think the blitz is coming from. And a deep post on the opposite side. Hot route both backs to stay in and block. If I guessed right, the crow cross will foul up the over matched coverage. If the blitz is picked up, the deep post could be open over the top. If you believe the blitz is coming, max protect, it will give you the extra second to get the ball away

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »