Home

Slide Protect

This is a discussion on Slide Protect within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Rookie

CSA1864's Arena

OVR: 0
Slide Protect

Will someone please explain slide protect.

Does it work for run plays?

If so, could you please explain the situations to use it? Like for read options and do you slide protect the playside or backside. How about for HB Dives and Draws? Aggressive or pinch?

I am assuming slide protect on pass plays is used to pick up the blitz. So I am pretty safe in that area.

Any help or explanation would be great.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Slide Protect

as far as i know, slide protect is for picking up blitzes from certain directions.

it does not work for runs.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 07-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Rookie

CSA1864's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
as far as i know, slide protect is for picking up blitzes from certain directions.

Thanks man. Any confirmation on this. I guess knowing whether it works in the run game is pretty important. Has EA every released anything to that effect?
Old 07-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Rookie

fightn hokie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE

Try slide protect AGGRESSIVE! I do it every time and find that the lineman fire off the ball...TRUST ME!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Do they wiff on more blocks if you press up for slide protect?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

no very very rarely. aggresive is the way to go for passing. for runs it does have an effect but i havent really figured out how to use it effectively. sometimes for dives i slide protect the oppo side and cutback and its 6
Old 07-22-2012, 02:55 AM   #7
Rookie

CSA1864's Arena

I ran quite a few practice plays with and without slide protect. It seems to have no effect on the run game whatsoever.

I ran the shotgun weak option read 10 times with slide protect right, aggressive, pinch and no slide protect. I did this subsequently against man, zone and zone blitz.

I can honestly say that every play was different. No play had the same outcome or even the same blocking pattern. When I would slide protect against the playside I never once had a block on the read man. I never once saw the linemen shift.

This is actually a good thing. Maybe the defensive AI has been improved and maybe the User AI recognized which play was called and which block needed to be made. I did notice through countless replays that the linemen did actually slide block off a defender and head down field to block another defender. However, 9 times out of 10 the second block was never made ad they would stand there obliviously to the play on the field. Sometimes I would notice a small DB simply blow off a block by a huge offensive linemen. A patch is definitely in order to correct this and if corrected should bring a better User rush game experience.

My tuner update was deleted awhile ago. It would be interesting to see if I get similar results with the tuner installed.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

i need to figure out blocking, i hate playing people who constantly blitz 6 or 7 people because then i can only run certain formations and it gets boring, but its a part of football I guess.

I especially need to figure out run blocking, im not great with heavy running teams especially option teams

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »