Home

Despite Industry Decline, NCAA Still Leads The Pack

This is a discussion on Despite Industry Decline, NCAA Still Leads The Pack within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Despite Industry Decline, NCAA Still Leads The Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
NCAA has competition as well, there are tons of other sports games out there.
For College Football?
Old 08-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
For College Football?
For your money and your time. NCAA football is a chore if you a real football fan. Too many things will drive you crazy if you are looking for a sim experience. I think most sports fans as gamers are getting to the point where they would rather have fun playing a video game regardless of genre rather than play a glitch filled sports product.

Its hard to explain, but I always used to choose sports games to play, even if the fun factor for other games was higher.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
This is the last year of the exclusive contract. That does not mean they will not continue to make the game. It simply means another competitor could pop up and compete (highly unlikely).

EA agreed to give up exclusive rights to NCAA as part of an anti-trust lawsuit file against them. Here is the article:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-agre...sivity-6388207

The speculation that EA would discontinue the game is unfounded. True, if sales numbers continue to decline, we could see that sometime in the future. However, I believe the new Infinity Engine and potentially a shift to a next gen of systems in a year or two could breathe life back into the franchise.

I think we are all safe for a few years, minimum.
I highly doubt the "next gen" will have all of the features that this years game has. Remember the first "next gen" PS3\360 NCAA football?? It was simply, a football game. Dynasty was extremely simple, no RTG, half the stat tracking did not work, game breaking bugs everywhere, the game was complete junk! The excuse was it was the "first next gen version" of the game. I highly doubt they will not throw that excuse out when the new "next gen" comes out. Cut expenses and features but the fans will still buy it because they always have...
Old 08-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
For College Football?
It doesn't just compete with college football. It competes with ALL sports games. Its competition is Madden, NHL, FIFA, MLB The Show, NBA2K, etc.

It's just the same as saying Call of Duty's competition is ONLY Battleground. That's absurd. Call of Duty's competition is all first person shooters, just as NCAA's competition is all sports games.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #21
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Madden falls in the September reporting period, not August, btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #22
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Still shocking that MW3 is still on these lists. (not really, it's an amazing game)
Old 08-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It doesn't just compete with college football. It competes with ALL sports games. Its competition is Madden, NHL, FIFA, MLB The Show, NBA2K, etc.

It's just the same as saying Call of Duty's competition is ONLY Battleground. That's absurd. Call of Duty's competition is all first person shooters, just as NCAA's competition is all sports games.
You are correct sort of. I am talking about college football. There is no other college football out there. I agee the Call of Duty's, Battlefield, etc, that is competition for a certain type shooter game. You can't put NHL, FIFA, MLB in with football. Ture they are sports games...but not football...and if they was one out there, I'am sure EA's sells would drop. But untill that happens...NCAA will be top dog...since there is no other dog in the yard.

Same thing with Madden. Only game in town. After Madden drops...where you think all the NCAA's that are at Gamestop go towards. They are bought for there "WOW" factor...and after 3-4 months have run dry.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #24
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
Leading sales in July isn't really a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. The summer months are notorious for not having too many major releases and being low-selling all together. Come November and the holiday season is when companies put their big numbers out. EA is probably comparing sales of NCAA with their sales of Madden, not against the rest of the industry. If Madden does really well it might mean bad things for NCAA.
Madden will blow away NCAA and recent versions of Madden. The Infinity Engine and Connected Careers all but guarantee that. It is widely anticipated. Assuming NCAA imports that next year, they should see an increase as well, providing the hype isn't lived up to by Madden.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »