Home

Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose

This is a discussion on Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 AM   #49
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Any one else have the problme of game already desiding your going to lose

That play in question was an issue with the engine not keeping up with the onfield play. The play in question fired as an interception after the drop, the warping is the evidence of that.

They need a new engine for next generation, this one has too much duct tape.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #50
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
This play is absolutely NOT the CPU cheating you, it's just bad game design. The reason it isn't cheating is because it goes both ways as I've gotten INTs with the same broken animation. I believe it's an issue with the 3D grass where the game uses the plane at the bottom of the grass as the "ground" instead of the top of the grass. EA has the same issues with the sideline and the goal lines where guys (from either team) can catch balls when their feet are out of bounds but it's ruled a catch (even after a review).

When things like the broken animation in this video go against the CPU it isn't even noticed by most. All you get is "look at this sick *** INT my guy made!!!!!!" But when it goes against the user, then it's the CPU cheating.

For an even better example, I've seen animations (by both sides) where the QB is hit while throwing and the animation has the QB tucking the ball, but he still gets the "pass" off. The ball rockets out of the QB's hand (which is at his side) goes through his torso, then his head, then the body of the sacker and is fired 40+ yards downfield perfectly to the receiver. I guarantee if the user QB did this most users would find it odd. If the CPU QB did this it'd be called blatant CPU cheating.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 02-14-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #51
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This play is absolutely NOT the CPU cheating you, it's just bad game design. The reason it isn't cheating is because it goes both ways as I've gotten INTs with the same broken animation. I believe it's an issue with the 3D grass where the game uses the plane at the bottom of the grass as the "ground" instead of the top of the grass. EA has the same issues with the sideline and the goal lines where guys (from either team) can catch balls when their feet are out of bounds but it's ruled a catch (even after a review).

When things like the broken animation in this video go against the CPU it isn't even noticed by most. All you get is "look at this sick *** INT my guy made!!!!!!" But when it goes against the user, then it's the CPU cheating.

For an even better example, I've seen animations (by both sides) where the QB is hit while throwing and the animation has the QB tucking the ball, but he still gets the "pass" off. The ball rockets out of the QBs hand (which is at his side) goes through his torso, then his head, then the body of the sacked and is fired 40+ yards downfield perfectly to the receiver. I guarantee if the user QB did this most users would find it odd. If the CPU QB did this it'd be called blatant CPU cheating.
I've never had that happen for me. I understand the broken animations point. I do not like it when I have this kind of terrible stuff happen for me either. If you don't think the CPU gets a cheat boost in video games from time to time your just lying to yourself. It's been going on as long as I've played video games. It happened on Tecmo bowl and it still does. Again I don't have a problem losing. I've lost plenty of games that didn't have the CPU cheat boost. I don't even enjoy the wins when that happens actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
If I could dislike this post multiple times I would. I can't speak for everyone but, If you play realistic against the CPU and don't cheese you can't believe they don't cheat sometimes. I play is a couple of very competitive online dynasties and we all have one game every year were the CPU gets the cheat boost. We are good enough to see it coming and find a way to win most of the time anyway. I have no problem when I get beat by the CPU. I just can't stand the cheat losses. I have had a pass warp away from my receiver and to a defender. I had my receiver drop a pass in the end zone and the DB came in and made a one handed int. the only problem was his hand was on top of the ball and the ball was in the field. I just had to laugh. That kind of stuff happens in the CPU cheating games. It's just not realistic. They also know what play you call on cheat mode. You call a run to the left and they are shifted and blitzing to that side. You do a formation audible to the other side and they shift to that side. Yea that sounds pretty realistic. I love a challenging game. I am 8-4 with Dallas in a CCM and had no problem with any lose. NCAA is just bad about a once a year cheat game. I still play it a lot but, that drives me nuts.

Here is one of the plays I was talking about. This was one of those CPU cheating games. I ended up winning but, it was the least fun win I have had in a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlzP9zX4nl4
I looked at the video. My first thought was what are the cpu pass coverage and cpu interception sliders set it? After around 50 games with the sliders I currently use, I have only seen a handful of deflected passes that have been either caught or intercepted. That does not mean I don't see interceptions. My number of interceptions thrown is still around the same but they are "clean and realistic".
Old 02-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #53
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
I looked at the video. My first thought was what are the cpu pass coverage and cpu interception sliders set it? After around 50 games with the sliders I currently use, I have only seen a handful of deflected passes that have been either caught or intercepted. That does not mean I don't see interceptions. My number of interceptions thrown is still around the same but they are "clean and realistic".
I think 45 or 50. This was on Heisman too. You get more CPU BS in Heisman. This was in an online dynasty I was in on another site. We had to use Heisman and have Int's up a little to get any challenge from the CPU. I've had great loses against the CPU were they just beat me. This game I won but, there was a lot of CPU cheating boost.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #54
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

To me guys who don't believe EA has CPU cheat boost in these FB games either never play Heisman or use money routes and cheese. Because of poor replication of football CPU boosts are the only way most skilled players could lose. I've played plenty of sports games that were designed better that didn't need to boost the CPU to give the user a challenge. Actually PS2 era football games by EA did better with this area. Most of the boost I saw in those games was user v user. If someone got up big the game would boost the losing team sometimes to help them catch up.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #55
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
Yes, this does happen. Some people refuse to believe it, no matter what the evidence. They tell you it's the sliders or you're not a good player, etc.

But there are some games in which the CPU decides you should lose, no matter how obvious or even comically absurd it becomes.

It will cause you to fumble an inordinate amount.
It will cause your 99-rated QB to repeatedly miss WIDE OPEN WRs with no pressure on you at all.
It will cause the CPU QB to break multiple blind-side sack attempts, only to complete a blind 30 yard throw.
It will cause the CPU RB to become Earl Campbell, when he's 170 lbs and his break tackle rating is in the low 70s.

The people that refuse to admit it happens are delusional denialists. It happens, it's infuriating, and it's not going away.
All of this is so true, video games are a passion of mines in my off time. I've played numerous games on heisman where all of these things happen. The game at times has some great gameplay but you shouldn't have to cheat to win. The CPU cheats to make the game interesting. I have started to play 12 minute quarters, just to see different things. I've had high scores and low scores but one thing is always rampant. The CPU cheating to keep competitive is crazy. The game really has great things about it but the cheating is so darn frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
To me guys who don't believe EA has CPU cheat boost in these FB games
There is a HUGE difference between the CPU getting a boost (which it obviously does since there are even sliders to fine tune the boost) and suggesting that the CPU "desides" [sic] you will lose a game no matter what to the point of freezing on you if you're winning, as the OP claims.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »