Home

Getting recruits that you didn't offer a scholarship to

This is a discussion on Getting recruits that you didn't offer a scholarship to within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Getting recruits that you didn't offer a scholarship to

In short we have created all sorts of recruiting rules to try to limit our recruiting. One of our rules is that we are only allowed to recruit one player more than we will be losing at the end of the season. After we finish our recruiting (normally during the season), we take off all of the players on our recruiting board (thus pulling their scholarship offer), then simulate through offseason recruiting since we normally do not have any recruiting left to do. Come signing day and it just so happens that we get all sorts of recruits and end up with a full 25 recruits.

Any idea why this would happen? We have all of the recruiting assistance items turned off. I know that some of the players are players that we had recruited early in the season, but I know that I picked up plenty of players that I never even offered a scholarship to and I swear some that I never even had on my board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Just started!

brown11b's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Getting recruits that you didn't offer a scholarship to

I do the same thing, only I dont over recruit by 1, I only allowed the number of players leaving that season.

I have had the same problem. I end up having to write down the players it adds to the class and then cut them in the off-season. I didnt do this on NCAA 12, so I am not sure the change that occured.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesixpac
In short we have created all sorts of recruiting rules to try to limit our recruiting. One of our rules is that we are only allowed to recruit one player more than we will be losing at the end of the season. After we finish our recruiting (normally during the season), we take off all of the players on our recruiting board (thus pulling their scholarship offer), then simulate through offseason recruiting since we normally do not have any recruiting left to do. Come signing day and it just so happens that we get all sorts of recruits and end up with a full 25 recruits.

Any idea why this would happen? We have all of the recruiting assistance items turned off. I know that some of the players are players that we had recruited early in the season, but I know that I picked up plenty of players that I never even offered a scholarship to and I swear some that I never even had on my board.
Do you have the recruiting assists on?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
This is incredibly annoying and there's no way to prevent it. In my offline and in our online we write down all of these "phantom recruits" and during position changes move them all to punter so they're easy to find. Then during cuts we cut them all.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

This conversation has been had on the boards before. You will get both sides to the issue. I believe it's a bug and it really needs to be fixed. It's very annoying and unrealistic.

As mentioned above, just write them down and cut them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
This conversation has been had on the boards before. You will get both sides to the issue. I believe it's a bug and it really needs to be fixed. It's very annoying and unrealistic.

As mentioned above, just write them down and cut them.
I was not saying it has not happened. I believe it probably still happens. I remember it happening in past editions of the game. I just have not seen it this year.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
I was not saying it has not happened. I believe it probably still happens. I remember it happening in past editions of the game. I just have not seen it this year.
Do you sign 25 guys yourself (your grand total can't be more than 25 so if you sign 25, then the CPU can't add any other guys to your team)? We can only sign as many guys as we have open scholarships and I've never had a season (17 seasons between on and offline) where I didn't get any of these dudes added at the end. I've had seasons where I only had 10 schollies open and I got double digit dudes added at the end (it seems like the game tries to add as many guys as it can to try to get your total as close to 25 as it can). No, I don't have any CPU recruiting assists turned on.

Like with others, some guys will be dudes that I recruited at some point during the season but dropped from my board. Usually about half of these phantom dudes are guys that I've never even seen before. The thing about it that pisses me off the most is that these aren't just scrubs that it's adding, but as a 6* school, I usually have multiple players rated 77-80 added that I just have to cut. Dynasty mode would be sooooooooooooooooooo much better if these studs that are being thrown onto my team (only to be cut) would be signed by CPU teams as it'd make the CPU competition better.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Do you sign 25 guys yourself (your grand total can't be more than 25 so if you sign 25, then the CPU can't add any other guys to your team)? We can only sign as many guys as we have open scholarships and I've never had a season (17 seasons between on and offline) where I didn't get any of these dudes added at the end. I've had seasons where I only had 10 schollies open and I got double digit dudes added at the end (it seems like the game tries to add as many guys as it can to try to get your total as close to 25 as it can). No, I don't have any CPU recruiting assists turned on.

Like with others, some guys will be dudes that I recruited at some point during the season but dropped from my board. Usually about half of these phantom dudes are guys that I've never even seen before. The thing about it that pisses me off the most is that these aren't just scrubs that it's adding, but as a 6* school, I usually have multiple players rated 77-80 added that I just have to cut. Dynasty mode would be sooooooooooooooooooo much better if these studs that are being thrown onto my team (only to be cut) would be signed by CPU teams as it'd make the CPU competition better.
I have played in dynasties this year and in years past that use restrictions, however, I never saw it there. I know it's there because I have seen it in past editions. Yes, in the offline and online dynasty I currently am in, I recruit the full 25. However, I do not go blindly after the studs to get to 25. First, I recruit those that have me first on their board. Then I recruit those that have me second and so on. In my mind it makes recruiting more realistic to me. If after putting all those interested in me on my board leaves me slots left of the 35, I fill it with those in the pipeline who are in the top 10 stage but not interested. However, when it comes to actively recruiting those last add ons, I will not recruit them until they meet the previous qualifications.

In previous editions of NCAA, you could sign as many as 27, 2 more after you reached the 25 signed. I think that was fixed this year though.

I only asked about cpu assists because I know people who in past have complained about signed players that they did not recruit that commissioners had to put in the rules turn cpu recruiting assists off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »