Home

Equipment hopes for 14

This is a discussion on Equipment hopes for 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

OVR: 0
Equipment hopes for 14

First of all let me just say that I am one who values game play much more than anything else. However, I also admire good art and authenticity when it comes to visuals as well. NCAA Football 14 has been showing screen shots lately and a lot of people haven't been too happy with what they have seen. I know next gen would be a reasonable time to make and overhaul on graphics but I was at least thinking that they would give us some new cleats for the players. Everyone know that this is at least the fourth year straight that we have seen these cleats in the game. It was a plus that they showed more love to Under Armour and Adidas on the gloves. They even added team specific Nike gloves. But as for the cleat, it doesn't look very good.
Starting with the Nike cleat, those are not very popular any more. Teams were wearing these...

And secondly, the Under Armour cleats are terrible. I thought that those things were ugly even when they first came out. I was hoping for this year that they would add these cleats that players wore last year...

And Finally, we come to the Adidas cleats. The replica of these cleats, first of all, are very bad. They added these flames on the side and even colored too much of the shoe. Here is their model...

And here is the real model...

Either way, they need to get rid of these. I think the Adi Zero Smoke cleats would be good to put in the game although they probably won't be the latest for this year's football season.

They have also made some new ones for this year.

They should also add some for the big men.

All in all, the cleats that they have had in the past need to go. They are getting very old and college players do not even wear them any more. I have been in college since 2010 and it is now 2013. So from my freshman to my junior year in college, these cleats have been in this game. Hopefully I don't have to look at them during my whole entire senior year. They have been in the game entirely too long. A solution could be either hurry up and get some new cleats in the game before they release this game, seeing that they have three months before release. Or they could have updates like NBA 2k13 does. Last year NCAA gave us updates on uniforms but we had to purchase them. There should be no reason that the fans have to purchase something like uniforms. No excuses because we don't even have to pay for the new shoes that NBA 2k13 adds to the game. EA has already shown that they are capable at updating visual things since they implemented the uniform store last year. With all of this being said, I am asking you guys to be courteous and not bash the post. That goes mainly for all of my sim folks out there. I think adding all of these previous listed things would be a great idea, what about you?

Last edited by carvis#15; 04-13-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Misspell
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Equipment hopes for 14

I have the same hopes and same complaints. We will be let down though. EA is terrible with equipment and I don't know why. It is obvious they SEE what we see but they don't do anything about it. I would be happy even if they just gave us color based vapor jets instead of white with colored toe. It makes no sense that they can't do this. There are tons of us equipment junkies who play the game and any one of us could go to EA's offices for 1 hour and point out what needs to change or be upgraded....hello Revo Speed 2 bar QB mask??? Anyway I agree 100% with you but do not get your hopes up, I know I haven't.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Oh and add socks to the list...They are just so lazy when it comes to socks. There is no texture or anything, just white or black. Add Elites, Adidas socks, UA socks...give us something. I would trade wrist bands around the calf for realistic socks. BTW why do they show every single player wearing them? I understand it but not EVERY player does it.

Look at this photo from the Texas spring game...we are going to see more and more teams with colored socks (USC last year, Washington in their bowl)

Old 04-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
I have the same hopes and same complaints. We will be let down though. EA is terrible with equipment and I don't know why. It is obvious they SEE what we see but they don't do anything about it. I would be happy even if they just gave us color based vapor jets instead of white with colored toe. It makes no sense that they can't do this. There are tons of us equipment junkies who play the game and any one of us could go to EA's offices for 1 hour and point out what needs to change or be upgraded....hello Revo Speed 2 bar QB mask??? Anyway I agree 100% with you but do not get your hopes up, I know I haven't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
Oh and add socks to the list...They are just so lazy when it comes to socks. There is no texture or anything, just white or black. Add Elites, Adidas socks, UA socks...give us something. I would trade wrist bands around the calf for realistic socks. BTW why do they show every single player wearing them? I understand it but not EVERY player does it.

Look at this photo from the Texas spring game...we are going to see more and more teams with colored socks (USC last year, Washington in their bowl)

Yes the color based vapors would even be a good idea. It would be something different to look at other than these same old cleats. The socks would add to it as well. I know that they are capable at making some elite, Nike, Adidas and Under Armour socks. I feel that if they can make some jerseys and helmets, they can make socks and cleats. A lot of times they just write us off by trying to play macho as if equipment doesn't matter but I guarantee that if they ask any college athlete, they would tell them that they do care about how they look.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
Banned

I honestly think as far as equipment/uniforms goes, we won't see many changes because its the last game before next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
You will get none of these and you will like it
Old 04-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
You will get none of these and you will like it
Lol. I don't know man maybe.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

UConn will sport a new logo this year and it needs to be in game..the uniforms will be unveiled in a couple months i believe here is a look at the NEW UConn Husky
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Uconn.jpg (22.7 KB, 632 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »