Home

Who will be the top players at there position?

This is a discussion on Who will be the top players at there position? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #73
Rookie

Lawdawg25's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Who will be the top players at there position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
I think you guys are missing everyone's point. No one is downgrading Johnny Football at all, in fact, he might be the most dynamic player I have seen in the last 15 years. Remember, we don't decide how the game dictates a players OVR rating, we just plug the ratings that we see on Saturdays and the game decides what the OVR is, not us. I am in the inclination that you cannot just give someone higher THP and THA just to have a higher OVR rating because that would be an injustice to the game. Again, just my own opinion.
I totally agree with your philosophy, unfortunately that's not how EA sees things. I'm sure they will overpower Manziel's throwing attributes and awareness just to make his overall higher than other players.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #74
Rookie

Hobbes217's Arena

OVR: 7

I've also noticed that EA also tends to do a slower progression in rating players from game to game in NCAA Football. There's not much of a big jump from a player in the 70s OVR one year to 90s OVR the next. Although I know EA is going to force high attribute ratings on Manziel, because he's going to be one of the most played characters, but it'll be interesting to see how far they actually go.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #75
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

Sadly the only positions we might have top 10 rated players at are FB (Kiero Small) Kicker (Zach Hocker) and Center (Travis Swanson)

DE Chris Smith should be in the high 80's though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 6

I love watching Johnny Football play but I got a bad feeling he's going to be the next Tyrann Mathieu.

I look for McCarron to have a down year as well. He gets playmaker's back at the skill positions but the O-Line is going to be a major thing to keep an eye on. Don't be surprised if Alabama loses 2-3 games this year.

My surprise pick at QB this year is Ole Miss QB Bo Wallace. Keep an eye on this guy. He's not great at anything.Just a solid QB with a lot of intangibles.Moncrief is a good plays. I think Ole Miss has one hell of a chance to win the West. The only player they lost on offense was utility player Randle Mackey. He played all over the place. Didn't have big numbers. He made the little plays. Helped them convert 3rd downs. Reminded me of Brad Smelley at Bama in 2011.

Manziel will flame out.

LSU's QB is very questionable. He had one good game against Bama. So did Stephen Garcia and Jordan Jefferson.

Auburn's a dumpster fire.

Miss State loses a lot on D.

Arkansas has a lot of question marks.

Ole Miss has a lot going for them this year. They return a ton of guys on both sides of the ball.

Last edited by tommycoa; 05-18-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #77
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

They need a 100 rating just so I can use it on De'Anthony Thomas and Dri Archer as those two kids can straight burn. Speaking of those two, if this foot planting gameplay is implemented correctly, Dri and DAT are going to be a ton of fun to use.

As for the rest of the RBs.

95 - Ka'Deem Carey
94 - Bishop Sankey
93 - Lache Seastrunk
93 - Damien Williams
93 - LaDarius Perkins
92 - De'Anthony Thomas
92 - Dri Archer
92 - Silas Redd
91 - Ben Malena
91 - Antonio Andrews

WRs

99 - Marqise Lee
96 - Jordan Matthews
95 - Cody Hoffman
93 - Allen Robinson
92 - Amari Cooper
92 - Donte Moncrief
92 - Sammy Watkins
92 - Jared Abbrederis
91 - Michael Campanaro
91 - Paul Richardson (homer pick )

Yes, P-Rich is a homer pick but if CU had any type of QB play this kid would be all over everyone's board; just look at the Cal game in 2011. He was the third WR on his high school team behind Robert Woods and Marqise Lee. Dear god, could you imagine trying to cover those three?

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 05-18-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #78
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Not to nitpick, but I personally wouldn't go higher than an 89 on Silas. But honestly, who knows, maybe I am wrong. I, admittedly, hate USC.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #79
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Not to nitpick, but I personally wouldn't go higher than an 89 on Silas. But honestly, who knows, maybe I am wrong. I, admittedly, hate USC.
The game decides their OVR rating, I just input all the ratings I see them display every Saturday and the game decides the OVR. I am not the biggest Redd fan either and also am not a fan of USC at all.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 05-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #80
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Wow, I just wrote a really long post about my thoughts on the Manziel vs more "pro style" QB debate and I accidentally deleted it. Neat.

Well, long story short.

THose other QBs might have better arms than Manziel, and quite frankly, there are probably quite a few college QBs who can throw the ball farther than Manziel can. That being said, Manziel has the highest ceiling in "playmaking ability." If those old, icon based, player traits were still in the game he would have all the best ones (star player, impact player, clutch, game changer, etc etc). How this could currently be reflected in the ratings, I dunno. If it takes giving him an AWR boost over the other two, I would support it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Madden's formula brought into play for dynasty mode. If you run an option offense, you will see a different OVR rating than someone running a pro style offense. Manziel might be a 97 in one, and an 89 in the other, that kinda thing.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »