Home

Interest In Player Tracker

This is a discussion on Interest In Player Tracker within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Interest In Player Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
PLEASE! I hate using the stick notes app on my mac
I just have old school post it's.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #34
Rookie

Billy Batson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCScreamingEagles
Here is my plan going forward:

Distribute an R1 release which only includes only team management and some recuriting functionality to allow for a fairly quick r1 release (hopefully in the next week or two depending how busy I am)

Distribute an R2 release which will then allow user to enter game stats after every game and will generate an excel file based on stats entered.

Im not sure how I am going to distribute my final program yet but I was thinking I would have all necessary files and a readme in a zip folder and then hopefully I can just put that as an attachment on here. If anyone has any better ideas let me know.
hey man, you're volunteering for this. take your time. judging from that pdf file, this looks awesome! cant wait
Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #35
Rookie

Mules50's Arena

OVR: 4

This sounds awesome. I have been using Excel to do this stuff for years, but it is a time consuming process. You are amazing to dedicate your time for something like this.

Look forward to seeing this when it releases.

Last edited by Mules50; 07-22-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #36
Rookie

BCScreamingEagles's Arena

OVR: 5

So I have decided that my stats tracker part of the application will definitely be released after my main release. One of my main reasons for this is because I feel this will be a little more time consuming to implement and because I do not know the best way to implement it and I am looking for feedback. After each game a user will be prompted to enter in the game stats. This is fairly straightforward and easy to implement. Where I would like some feedback is how would you guys like these stats displayed.
For example
a. generate one excel sheet per game => end of season you would have 14 excel sheets (plus an end of year totals if you wanted it)
b. One excel sheet per season which would just get updated every week containing player season stats.
c. One excel sheet per dynasty containing all career stats.
d. combination of above??
e. other => feel free to suggest your own idea as stat tracking was not my initial idea for this application so I do not have a great vision of how to do it but I think it is a great idea and perfect for this application so I definitely want to implement something specifically something that makes the most users happy. (sorry for run-on lol)

So if your interested in the stats tracker please provide me some feedback into what you want to see!!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #37
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
There used to be something like this called "Avid dynasty manager" that tracked next to everything but has since been shut down because the guy just didnt have time to continue to keep it up, so this would be absolutely awesome.
Avid is working and we are in the process of upgrading/improving it. I don't want to steal the thunder of the OP but we already do most of what has been asked for and much more. We welcome suggestions as well...

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 07-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #38
Rookie

BCScreamingEagles's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
Avid is working and we are in the process of upgrading/improving it. I don't want to steal the thunder of the OP but we already do most of what has been asked for and much more. We welcome suggestions as well...
Wow I did not even know you existed Ill check out what you do because obviously its pointless to reinvent the wheel
Old 07-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #39
Rookie

Mules50's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I had heard about this a while ago, but forgot what the name was. It looks nice, but would be really nice if you could download your stats into Excel sheets. That way I can manipulate them any way I choose to do.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #40
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Batson
hey man, you're volunteering for this. take your time. judging from that pdf file, this looks awesome! cant wait
So true... honestly I'm impressed. I couldn't even imagine being able to do this lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCScreamingEagles
So I have decided that my stats tracker part of the application will definitely be released after my main release. One of my main reasons for this is because I feel this will be a little more time consuming to implement and because I do not know the best way to implement it and I am looking for feedback. After each game a user will be prompted to enter in the game stats. This is fairly straightforward and easy to implement. Where I would like some feedback is how would you guys like these stats displayed.
For example
a. generate one excel sheet per game => end of season you would have 14 excel sheets (plus an end of year totals if you wanted it)
b. One excel sheet per season which would just get updated every week containing player season stats.
c. One excel sheet per dynasty containing all career stats.
d. combination of above??
e. other => feel free to suggest your own idea as stat tracking was not my initial idea for this application so I do not have a great vision of how to do it but I think it is a great idea and perfect for this application so I definitely want to implement something specifically something that makes the most users happy. (sorry for run-on lol)

So if your interested in the stats tracker please provide me some feedback into what you want to see!!
I think A & C would be best... any other ideas people?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »