Home

Question regarding "Ultimate Team" and an idea regarding Dynasty

This is a discussion on Question regarding "Ultimate Team" and an idea regarding Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
If it is anything similar to FIFA Ultimate Team, you start off with a pack of cards and play games against each other to earn coins which can buy you more packs or single cards you really want from the auction house. You don't win or lose cards based on the result.

It's a fun and addicting mode if it's done right.
Hmm. I don't plan on playing it but I think it'd be better if you could win/lose your cards in games. Sorta like marbles when you were a kid (hopefully I'm not dating myself with that reference).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Question regarding "Ultimate Team" and an idea regarding Dynasty

I wonder with all of these historic players they are implementing into this mode, If we get all their head models unlocked as well. I'm hoping we get the RGIII head from last year. I'm also curious as to how much room this will take up in the game. I don't plan on playing this mode much, I usually spend the first 4 months editing rosters, then it's all dynasty for me. This mode does have some appeal, but count me in the crowd who would rather build a game through recruiting and building a team from the ground up, opposed to buying mystery packs. JMO of course. Exciting news for those who were anticipating this. Now bring on the 28th!!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
It's a fun and addicting mode if it's done right.
What makes it addicting? I am with Jello on this one. I have never done it, and never had any interest to. It sounds like people just assemble all star teams which effectively are a wash, and they play each other?

I know it is popular, so I must be missing something? But I kind of like the immersion factor, so playing as Iowa State with Payton Manning handing off to Gale Sayers and throwing to Jerry Rice just doesn't really do it for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

if its anythin glike how it is on FIFA, its another gimmick aimed at kids rather than hardcore gamers or more mature players.

like pokemon cards for football

it also allows EA to sell card packs for micro-payments which is obviuously a revenue earner

Essentially its a very shallow mode that adds very little to the game and takes up resources at EA normally to the detriment of improvements/repairs to aspects of the actual gameplay

More and more the game is moving away from what I want it to be to a commercial exercise.

Another disappointing addition by EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »