Home

Official Wishlist Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2003, 12:34 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 17

This thread will stay here until the game is released. At that point we will stick a new one up, with a link to this for people who wanted to see the previous years.

Please do not reply to other peoples wishlists, they will be deleted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2003, 01:12 PM   #2
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Official Whishlist Thread...t

Gang tackling and improved tackle animations. Improve the running game like ESPN football. I hate when my running back is running up the middle and gets stuck behind a lineman. He should slide of him and push him to the side much like ESPN football. Also the running game needs to be adjusted on heisman. Its too difficult to run while certain passing plays are money. Add all the new uniforms and stadiums. OU needs to have its new upper deck along with the Sooner Schooner. The recruiting system could be improved upon a little as well. They also need to fix some of the chants in the game. They aren't loud enough. I can barely hear my fans say "Boomer Sooner." I would also like to see the playbooks a little bit bigger with more specific team plays for the major college teams. Conference schedules should properly rotate and the bowls should be adjusted a bit so teams actually go where they should. I'm sick of playing a team from my conference in a bowl game.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Official Whishlist Thread...

1. Find an alternative to suction blocking. I understand it's somewhat necessary within the current NCAA/Madden engine code to produce a realistic game of football, but it's still annoying not to be able to escape a block controlling a defender by simply running away (opposite direction) from it. NCAA 2004 improved the situation somewhat by adding the push/shove block animation where the defender isn't actually lock up but merely knocked off balance, but EA needs to take this further. A defender should always be able to pull away from a block to chase a runner going by him.

2. Make sliders independent of difficulty setting or make the difficulty setting dependent on slider setting. What I'm getting at is the way the ESPN slider work, so that the gameplay can be fine tuned more.

3. Make gaining dynasty prestige more difficult. It's seems that right now it's a little too dependent on the team's record without taking conference membership and quality of competition into consideration. I'm in year 2012 of my current dynasty with Michigan (worked my way up to this position from a 2-star created team, by the way) and North Texas just won the NC going undefeated, while still a member of the Sun Belt conference! This simply should not happen. I think this is why we see so many also-rans rise to national prominence so quickly and perennial powerhouses (Florida and Florida St. among others seem to be especially susceptible to this...) drop like flies-they lose 4 games in particular season or two, their prestige drops immediately, which erodes their recruiting, which starts a quick downward spiral...

4. More dynamic special teams play. The improved kick/punt return blocking was a step in the right direction, but we need more - more kick/punt blocks, more fumbles from both botched catches/snaps and good hits.

5. More bad pitches on option plays. This one has been discussed to death for the past couple of years.

6. Kick the atmosphere up another notch. The crowd reaction is much better this year, but I want more. More team/fan celebrations after getting an upset or after winning a rivalry or bowl game. Winning those type of games should be much more exciting and the celebrations for them should separate those wins from others.

7. Player transfers. I don't know if this is an NCAA issue or not (it shouldn't be since it's not an inherantly negative event), but it should be a part of the game. If I have a 4-star rated sophomore QB tabbed as the starter in the offseason, and I recruit a 5-star, higher-rated QB who instead becomes the starter the next season, I should be faced with the possibility of losing the 4-star QB to another school after the season. I know this would involve some reworking of the code, but it would be nice to have.

8. 55-man roster limit. This has got to go. 'Nuff said.

9. Madden's 'Owner Mode' extras. Assistant coaches, stadium building/renovation, etc. You can leave the concession price part out of it, but if I start a dynasty with a 1-star school and build it into a powerhouse over time, I would like to expand the 15,000 seat stadium I started out in at some point.

10. Playbook editor. I don't necessarily need to create my own plays, but I would like to put together custom playbooks with my own collection of favorite plays/formations.

11. Random name generator. NCAA College Hoops has it and it works well. I would like the option of starting a dynasty with player names without downloading a custom roster or simming 4 seasons off the top to get them.

12. Rotating schedules. This has been asked for for years now.

Well that's all I've got for right now. Pay attention EA
Old 12-08-2003, 01:34 PM   #4
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

My wishes:

-A post season playoff option
-Realistic schedule rotation
-Fix the suction blocking
-Fix the CPU PLAYCALLING TO RUN THE DAMN BALL MORE OFTEN. Ahem. Less carries for fullbacks and more for tailbacks, too.
-Add an accelerated clock so we can play 15 minute quarters ala Madden
-Enhance the game's pseudo-physics model so that more passes that are incomplete are inaccurate rather than deflected or dropped
-Enhance the game's pseudo-physics to make deep passes more risky and less accurate.
-Make the TE easier to cover on streaks
-Add more penalties. I have never seen a defensive holding call in 8 seasons
-Better CPU playcalling logic. The CPU has to stop going for it on 4th and 15 from the 35 yard line in a scoreless game in the 1st quarter.
-Better playbooks
-Better top 25 poll logic
-Better punt coverage by CPU; Fair catches are ultra rare
-Online support for Xbox.
-New speech from Herbie and Lee (some of the material is 3 years old)
-Better pitch logic on the option. If the QB breaks the LOS, he should rarely pitch it.
-Make it much tougher to prevent star players from leaving early.
-Academically ineligible recruits (watch that GPA!)
-Players that transfer due to lack of playing time
-BLOCKED KICKS!

Old 12-08-2003, 02:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

- Year round recruiting
- Bowl selection show
- More Division 1-AA teams
- A seperate dynasty mode for Division 1-AA, WITH proper playoff system
- Conferance schedules that rotate properly
- Gang tackles
- Awards presentations
- The elimination of robo qb
- Kill the rocket fumble
- Online dynasty mode
- More college classics
- Ability to tear down goldposts
- No BCS rankings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2003, 02:13 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

- year-round recruiting
- gang tackling
- new commentary
- DEFINITELY do something about the option pitches. That was my biggest gripe about this SUPERB game. Too many times the QB would pitch a perfect pitch as he was about to be dropped...TOO MANY TIMES
Old 12-08-2003, 03:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Computer controlled teams get conference invites.

65 man rosters.

Medical redshirts.

Fix the glitch in stats, when you throw over 1000 yards in a game. (Sometimes play 15 min quarters)

Have school records allowed for more than just one school.

Allow historic unis to be used in dynasty mode. (Hey when you play as a team with just one choice for home uni....)

Old 12-08-2003, 03:55 PM   #8
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Man I hope a lot of these make it in. I'm deferring to Abner and SteelerForLife though, great ideas. And quazer17's idea about medical redshirts would be cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »