Home

Official Wishlist Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2003, 01:55 PM   #17
Rookie

jls211's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official Whishlist Thread...

I'm surprised no one's mentioned it yet... SNOW!!! If it works in Exhibition, then make it work in Dynasty. I'm also tired of hearing Nessler say it's cold when it's 50+ degrees.

Different defensive playbooks for each team. When has Penn State ever used a 3-4 defense? South Carolina ran a 5-2 defense exclusively in the '80s, yet there are only 9 play calls available for it, and they suck!

No non-BCS conference teams in the NC, period. I doubt we'll see North Texas playing Fresno State for the national championship any time this decade.

Better intros, and not just one "cooler" one that is the same intro used for all games. I mean, the ice machine is great and all, but not every school has one.

More restrictive recruiting. 25 scholarships a year are too many. Each team is allow 83(?), not 100. Plus, there should be more emphasis on the target not wanting to go to a school with 6 or more players at the same position already.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:55 PM   #18
MVP

rheller's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Official Wishlist Thread...

Offensive/Defensive Packages
Owner/AD Mode
Old 12-09-2003, 03:11 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: Official Wishlist Thread...

Tons of more defensive plays and formations. Georgia Tech and some other teams play a 3-3-5 defense. And more than just 4 or 5 plays for a certain formation.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:37 PM   #20
N*rd *l*rt!

jt533's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

jls211 said:
Better intros, and not just one "cooler" one that is the same intro used for all games. I mean, the ice machine is great and all, but not every school has one.

That is the quote of the year! I am pretty sure that most schools do have an ice machine somewhere.!

OK Seriously my list:

1) Better physics in the game. I hate when I am running away from a defender as a 6'4" 265 lbs TE and he is a 5'10" 180 lbs CB and the tackle animation has me falling down backwards from a tackle from behind. It should take into effect the size and angle and speed of the defender before getting into the tackle animation.

2) FREAKING QB PITCH. If you have not been listening for the last 3 years and probably even longer than that. If the QB is lying flat on the ground he should not be able to pitch it perfectly 5-yards to a HB.

3) Better run blocking engine. I do hate it when there is a whole to run through only to have it close because a D lineman makes a tackle right through a lineman. I woul dlike them to stick 1 arm out or dive at me to make it more realistic but not a full out tackel straight out of a block especially if they don't shuck the offensive lineman.

4) Blcoked punts and field goals. I am still not able to block one. Not last year or this year. Either my special temas ranking needs to be turned to a Z- or this needs to be re-worked. I think maybe even a meter for long snaps might be good to help get bad snaps. Would make field goals a litlle tougher if yu have to do a couple of meters back to back one ofr the snap and one for the field goal. Or maybe even using some type of Tiger Woods style swing for the kicker? Would make the angle a littl eharder to guess and would end up with a more realistic kicking system.

5) More defensive plays. Especialy for the 4-4, 5-3, and goal line. Also if my safety is in man coverage on a reciever across the field he should probably run over to guard him before the ball is hiked.

6) Still thnk the relationship between ratings needs to be greater. Should be able to basically sack the QB every play if I have a 99 DE rushing against a 59 LT. Maybe even a player match-up screen. If you want your star DB to always cover their star WR you should be able to put that in your "Gameplan". Much like NBA live or any other basketball game wher eyou cna set the type of pressure and wether or not to double team the guy. If I want to make sure everyone key's in on their running back then I should be able too.

7) Some minor tweaks to improve over all quality, bigger rosters, gang tackling, playbook maker and or play editor, all schools school records, ne wintro's, more school specific chants and mascots, logo maker in Create a school (don't take out logos from year to year either), legacy type mode (make me start at Sisters of the blind State and work my way up to USC, assistant coaches, off-season traning programs, transfers for players who feel they are not playing enough, ROTATING CONFERENCE SHEDULE! The PAC-10 is a conference where you don't play everyone each year and also I would like it to rotate who I play on which week. Not talking rocket science her folks.

8) Last but not least a free game to me cuase I rock!

Old 12-09-2003, 03:45 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

How about injury cutscenes that reflect the severity of the injury? A player that breaks his ankle or tears his ACL shouldn't get up and limp off the field. How about a little help from the trainer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2003, 06:25 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Most of my grips already have been posted but here is a couple!
1st: Bring cold weather and snow to the northern states, and colorado!Played to many 50 degree games with Bowling Green, when most years it's around the 30's to 40's in November!
2nd: Field conditions! If it is raining than the field is going to be slippery, and filthy! Make the field look like it is being played on! Yes, we get the shoe prints , but they disapear after you move past them! Have thye uniforms get dirty right from the start of the game, not programed after a couple of quarters!
3rd:If you are blowing a team out bad, they should never have momentum in the 4th quarter! I've played to many games like this, where the Cpu scores like 20+ points in the 4th quarter and they had maybe 14 before the start of the quarter!
4th: Add the ability to edit everything on a player! Like Madden you can edit anything except their race! Add all helmets, even the ugly revolution ones!
Old 12-11-2003, 11:02 AM   #23
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

few things:
-make seasonal uniform changes, i.e. make it cold so that teams will wear their cold weather gear...almost all teams will wear high socks when it gets cold, even miami.
-better in depth playbooks, not so much team-specific, but add sprint outs, bootleg playaction off of counters, more running plays or the ability to alter to more formations.
-add rotating schedule...im sick of not playing wisconsin or penn state with Michigan.
-better equipment: hand warmers/towels for qbs, half sleeves, better visors, double wristbands like madden, ankle braces, knee braces, other neck protectors...
Old 12-11-2003, 02:09 PM   #24
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Just off the top of my head:

1. Conference Schedules - Not only do they need to rotate correctly (like the Big XII did in NCAA '03), but I want to be able to choose which week I play my conference opponents. I play with Missouri 95% of the time, and I want someone other than K-state to be my season finale every once in awhile.

2. Fewer Dominating Freshmen - There are great teams in this game with backups rated in the 60's, but if you're a 5 or 6-star dynasty team, this never happens. Bring in freshmen (most of them) with lower overall ratings, but have them improve more from year to year.

3. Increased Roster Sizes - Even if it is just 10 extra players, it would make redshirting much easier. Due to size constraints on the PS2, I don't know if it will ever happen, but it sure would be nice.

4. Dynasty Prestige - I have no problem with big conference teams working their way to powerhouses, but anyone in the Sunbelt, the WAC, or Conference USA should not be a 6-star juggernaut just because they win all their games (north texas, please stand up). I thought I read somewhere that NCAA '04 was supposed to use some kind of conference prestige system, but it is not evident anywhere. This needs to be fixed.

5. Suction Blocking/QB Pitch - These have been beaten to death here. Improvements would be nice.

6. AD Mode - Similar to Owner Mode in Madden, although maybe not so in depth. It would be nice to create a new stadium if I take a 1-star team with a 10,000 seat stadium to be a solid program.

7. Bowl Picks - I've seen conference opponents play each other in bowls and this just just does not happen in real life. This should be a pretty easy fix.

8. Heisman Trophy Selection - As it stands in NCAA '04, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to win the heisman unless you have a stud HB who also returns kicks. I liked how it was done in NCAA '03 when it was actually possible to win with a QB. I'm sick and tired of seeing 5 HB's listed each season in the heisman running. There is just too much emphasis on kick returns when the game figures the Heisman candidates.

9. Expanded Sports Illustrated - I'm not even sure what to throw in for this, but I'm sure EA will come through. I was blown away by the quality of the stuff in this feature last year and I'm sure there will be more ways to use the license in NCAA '05.

10. New Pregame - The pregame talk is great, but it's been almost exactly the same since this game made it's debut on the PS2. The basic idea is fine, but there needs to be different camera shots, different commentary, just everything about it needs to be freshened up.

11. CPU RUNNING GAME - In all caps because it's very annoying to watch the CPU throw on every down. I don't care what you have to do, put in a global run/pass slider. Anything. It totally throws off the balance of the game and there is no excuse for it to be this way next year. If adding the accelerated clock will improve the playcalling logic, then do that. Please please please change this.

12. Revamped offensive playbooks - The formations have had the exact same plays since NCAA '02. The defensive playbooks got a much needed overhaul last year, and the offense needs to follow suit this year. However, the 4-4 and 5-2 formations could use more plays than what are listed.

13. Goal Line Defense - Every time I line up, I know I'm sunk if the computer runs up the gut because the goal line defense is just too ineffective. I'd like to be able to see some goal line stands next year.

That is all for now. NCAA 2004 was a great game, but NCAA 2005 has the potential to be even greater. Overall, a EA has done a superb job with this series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »