Home

Official Wishlist Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2003, 06:05 PM   #41
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Official Whishlist Thread...

The ability to restructure the conferences and teams before starting a dynasty would be nice. Right now all you can do is replace a team with a created team or DI-AA team. If I replace, say Rutgers with a created team, then try and put Rutgers in the MAC, it won't allow it. The only option is to restore Rutgers to the Big East.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2003, 10:56 PM   #42
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Another change I would like to see:

Arm Strength rating needs to reflect throwing velocity. As it stands, it seems like the Arm Strength rating only controls how far a QB can throw the ball, but not how hard he actually throws it. I'm sick of watching backup QB's rifle a ball into a tight spot. I think this would also help the "robo qb" problem that some complain about. Seeing more balls underthrown, overthrown, or just off-target in general would be nice.

Ok I lied, more changes:

Animations for RB's to "get skinny" when running up the middle. everyone has been screaming about the "mario running" present in EA football games for years. While I think it has improved a lot in Madden, it is still very much a problem in NCAA. The ESPN/2k series does this very well and has done so for two or three years now.

In another post I said the offensive playbooks need to be overhauled. More specifically, there need to be more types of running plays, especially to the weakside.

Runblocking in single back sets is horrible. I probably gain 90% of my rushing yards in the I-form. Every now and then I can break a decent run in the single back formation, but usually I get stuffed for a loss. Also, sweeps still do not work this year at all. You're just asking for a 5 yard loss when you run a toss sweep. In madden, you can run outside a little bit, but it's non-existent in NCAA '04.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:47 AM   #43
Rookie

KoachYo's Arena

OVR: 2

I would love to see a uniform editor for your school. Including black or white shoes; low, medium or high black or white socks. Adding a different uniform like VT's all maroon or the awful orange pants Miami wore this year.
I want more control over what we wear.

Also the half sleeves and the new helmets.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:03 PM   #44
Rookie

CharlestonDin's Arena

OVR: 2

Just a few additions I'd like to see...

1. How about fumble pileups? Right now, the user immediately knows who's recovered the fumble with the way the screen turns. One of the most exciting things in football is when there's a huge pile on top of a fumble, the refs are tearing through it to get to the bottom, and then the ref comes out and points dramatically in the other direction, while the players go nuts. Just a thought.

2. Along those same lines, how about a "measurement" timeout, that shows the chain gang coming out on the field? Those guys get so beat up on the sidelines that they oughta get a little camera time.

3. I think someone mentioned earlier, there should be injury-appropriate animation, i.e., a guy tears up his ACL, he should stay out there until the trainer and the stretcher get there. Also, I think the injuries should be handled better... for example, there shouldn't be just an arbitrary time frame that the player is "out". The injury should take off rating points temporarily -- so if a back breaks his hand, his carrying rating goes way down, or if he sprains his ankle, his speed and agility take a hit. And of course, they should have a tendency to reaggravate the injury if the coach puts the injured player back in too early, while resting the injury would gradually increase the rating back to normal.

With this system, players would only be "out" if we say they're out, maybe with the help of a "trainer" who gives his recommendation. Recovery should be variable in length. I mean, look at Michael Vick and Chad Pennington...

4. Team-specific intros... It's been discussed ad nauseum, but warrants mentioning again. The Notre Dame intro is very cool, how 'bout some more where that came from?

5. PLEASE get the rights to the Auburn and South Carolina fight songs. I'll start a letter-writing campaign to the schools if you need it...

6. On that note, can the away bands play too (other than after scores)?

7. More "appropriate" celebrations. If a player makes a game-clinching interception, tackle, field goal, etc., they should get MOBBED by their teammates. And so forth...

8. I had never thought about a spring game until it was mentioned on this thread, but that is a really cool idea. Maybe between training and cutting in the off-season, and you could get a look at freshmen and improved upperclassmen, with an eye on who to cut and who to move up the depth chart. Would be a big help, especially if the rosters stay at 55.

Everyone else's gameplay suggestions have been excellent as well. Being the rabid college football fan that I am, my main suggestions center around making the atmosphere more realistic.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:03 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

I want to see improve recruiting, in other words difficulty, and round year recruiting like ESPN College Basketball that would rule! Play in some high school all-star games! Wow could you imagine! And improved roster size, Presentation similar to ESPN if possible, and Bowl game presentations need to be special as well as regular games IMO. Nation championship game should be an experience to play in every time you get there. And position change would be awesome! and commenting on Transfers and med-redshirts that would rule. I think all of us need to help develop this game. Come on I mean I would pay 100 dollars if it had all of this stuff. Good lord I wish!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2003, 09:09 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey Mizzou23 I love the pic I almost got that one but I don't want to copy any one, its nice though!
Old 12-14-2003, 11:55 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Ability to move any school to any conference at any time.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:37 PM   #48
Pro

TerpsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Quote:

TerpsJunkie said:
computer teams changing conferences would be great

you can do it yourself you know...

Not without switching to that school. I hate seeing Fresno State dominate the WAC every year and it doesn't move into the Pac-10 unless I want to give up my school and move over there. If a team is constantly in the top 10 for recruiting and polls it should be able to move into a better conference. I was doing a dynasty with UCF, I finished #4 in the BCS and I didn't get a BCS bowl bid. Do you want to know why? Fresno State vs. Air Force was the national title game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »