Home

NCAA, no excitement anymore?

This is a discussion on NCAA, no excitement anymore? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #97
Pro

MakePlaysOrDie's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA, no excitement anymore?

Is it possible to get a custom cover for this years game? I REALLY don't want to buy a game with Denard Robinson on the cover

PS4- xXB-TomahawkChop
Old 07-04-2013, 01:22 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 4

With the release of such an incredible demo last week that gave us the ability to change the sliders, camera angles & so forth as well as the Early Release through Season Ticket there isn't as much of a need to drool over every new screen cap or video preview that comes out while we wait until the midnight release.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #99
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Not exited at all…

I’m pretty tired of getting the short end of the stick every single year.. Football is the main reason I bought the current gen but I have been let down yearly. It’s just frustrating to see other titles go over and beyond to give the gamer a great experience then listen to EA give excuses of why we have to wait another year. Its not like they don’t have more money, resources and licenses to give us everything we need yet EA football games lag far behind in areas essential to delivering a great experience. Graphics are good but a joke compared to where they should be, presentation is laughable compared to other genres. I could go on & on….
This sums it up for me in a nutshell with this game during this generation. I would never had imagined playing NCAA 11 and being told how little progress they would have made over the next few years (and in some cases, took steps backwards). And the whole "well, NCAA will always be the little brother to Madden" thing doesn't wash either because Madden's advancement though these years has been equally bad.
That's not to say they haven't made big strides but they could have done so much more with what they had to work with and that's a shame.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #100
MVP

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes
I'm 39, and I still remember the magical months I spent with the first NCAA on ps2. (Was it 02? Weinke on the cover, I think...) It was so revolutionary. Recruiting a school into a powerhouse was awesome. I had to keep track of my roster in a stupid notebook for recruiting...! And how about that frosh beast on Tennessee? Was like a 90 or something? Munoz's son, I think...

Last gen was great for NCAA, this gen has been a TOTAL buzzkill.

Who remembers that great menu music from 02? Anyone want to get a petition going to get fight songs OUT and that original music IN? At least have the OPTION to go "old school"...I had that guitar line in my head for a solid year after playing that game...
For me it was the 2003 version with Joey Harrington that I remember having the most memorable time with. I don't remember all the details, but I remember we played it for a year straight. Every night was NCAA night at somebody's house. Great times, now we are lucky if everyone picks up a copy and stick with a dynasty.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #101
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
For me it was the 2003 version with Joey Harrington that I remember having the most memorable time with. I don't remember all the details, but I remember we played it for a year straight. Every night was NCAA night at somebody's house. Great times, now we are lucky if everyone picks up a copy and stick with a dynasty.
The games kind of run together for me, but I remember getting a PS2 for xmas along with NCAA 2002 (which also remins me about the blue bottom discs that wouldn't work if they had the tiniest smudge on them lol) and I woke up the next morning, went down the basement, popped in the game, and when I came upstairs to get something to eat it was dark outside! Those games were so enjoyable (except 2005 when rocket catching killed online games). I don't know if it was because I was so young and naive, or what, but those games were fun to play and they had so much replay value. And they did this all without patches.

This gen started out with a crappy foundation, with no physics, and everything snowballed from there and the team tried to play catch up the whole gen. I'm hopeful EA learned from this and has implemented a solid foundation to the game starting with physics and player movement. Football is all about physics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #102
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm still excited...
The key is to stay away from certain threads or OS all together
Just gets flooded with ..."Fun sucker outers"

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #103
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancavehawkeye
I will admit, I do enjoy reading the "Searching for the Game" thread that pops up
I did also actually looked forward to it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »