Home

NCAA Football 14 Bugs and Glitch Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Bugs and Glitch Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #825
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 Bugs and Glitch Thread

we are in year 4 of our dynasty and we have been messing with the scheduling for custom schedules in the offseason. the commissioner swears he saved the custom schedules. after everyone was done and we were ready to advance he advanced from his phone and no ones custom schedule saved and we were all stuck with our original schedule. could this have anything to do with him advancing from his phone or is any one else ever encountered this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #826
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaas1107
we are in year 4 of our dynasty and we have been messing with the scheduling for custom schedules in the offseason. the commissioner swears he saved the custom schedules. after everyone was done and we were ready to advance he advanced from his phone and no ones custom schedule saved and we were all stuck with our original schedule. could this have anything to do with him advancing from his phone or is any one else ever encountered this problem?
When you make custom schedules and save them, they're saved to the commissioner's HDD. Therefore, when he advances from his phone, where he can't access his xbox/PS3's HDD, then the changes obviously won't show up.

Likewise, if he saves the changes and then tries logging in from someone else's xbox, or has someone else recover his gamertag and then advance for him the changes won't save because, again, they don't have access from his HDD.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #827
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
PS3

Whats the bug?

The colored scoreboard boxes don't have the name of the school or the score. The boxes are there, and colored, but the lettering is missing. After a score update, where the screen goes to the scoreboard, the letters return. I've also had the score bar be missing, but the pop ups still occur, over the empty area where the box is at. I did notice that when it has the box and no school name and score that it seems to hang loading the school logos, which it does before displaying the school names. So it seems to sometimes hang loading the code for the school name and score and they are left blank.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in?

Offline Dynasty
, observation mode aka CPU v CPU mode. I was watching a game by my team instead of playing.

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?

Not sure why it happened.

How often can the bug be reproduced?

Only happened yesterday so far

Do you have video or pictures?

No I do not.
When this happens pause the game, enter instant replay (or don't need to watch it), exit out of instant replay and the scorebug will be fixed.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #828
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
PS3

Whats the bug?

While in CPU vs CPU mode (offline dynasty), if I want to change the depth chart, it gives an error message that I can only change the depth chart of my team and not the other. But it is my team I am trying to change. But it instead lets me change the depth chart of the opposing team.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in?

Offline Dynasty mode
, CPU vs CPU

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?

It seems that one time I went in and was changing the depth chart and then realized it was the other team. Ever since that CPU VS CPU game, it has given the error message. However, before that time I could change the depth chart of my team.

How often can the bug be reproduced?

Now it happens every time.

Do you have video or pictures?

No I do not.
If you're playing CPU v. CPU, then you don't have a team (as opposed to coach mode where 1 of the 2 teams is yours). I'm surprised that you can even edit either team's depth. Since you can, I'd guess that the game is simply guessing which team is yours and allowing you to change that team's. If you wanna change your, select that team, run a play (it'll still be CPU v. CPU), change the depth chart, and then deselect both teams so it's back to CPU v. CPU.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:37 AM   #829
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8

Platform (360/PS3):PS3

Whats the bug? 2nd and 3rd quarter choppy gameplay, low fps (whatever you call it) in offline dynasty. First it happened during late 2nd quarter and I restarted the console, then it happened in 3rd quarter. I end up simming the game.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? Offline Dynasty, Season 3 Week 6

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Have no idea. I think that game was doomed. It will be alright if its only one game, but now I am afraid to play another game thinking that it would happen again.

Can you recreate it? I did actually. Now I'm not sure if it will happen again.

How often can the bug be reproduced? I am pretty sure as long as I've played that same game, it would have reproduced.

Additional: As an experienced gamer in all platforms, I suspect that the time cycle may have caused it. I mean I started the game with sun up, in late 2nd quarter it slowly gets darker and that when it starts. These kind of things caused hitching issues in a few other games as well (can not recall which now).
Old 02-27-2014, 02:52 AM   #830
Rookie

Icon8 Re: NCAA Football 14 Bugs and Glitch Thread

Platform (360/PS3): PS3

Whats the bug? My create-a-school has a D- grade in all "Play Style" categories in the recruiting section of my offline dynasty, and is rank "0" in all as well.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? Offline Dynasty

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it? It's been this way since week 1, I'm now in week 9 of season 3. I assumed it would start collecting stats and re-rank/re-rate accordingly, but that's literally never happened.

How often can the bug be reproduced? It's always there, never changing.

Do you have video or pictures? Not currently, but can easily get one if needed.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #831
Just started!

Platform: Xbox360

Problem: The ESPN ticker below the score is never there??

When:Always every game mode

Contact me to help:
[email protected]
Gamertag: Matabs2000

Thanks so much guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #832
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matabs
Platform: Xbox360

Problem: The ESPN ticker below the score is never there??

When:Always every game mode

Contact me to help:
[email protected]
Gamertag: Matabs2000

Thanks so much guys
If it's never, ever there, then check your tv/PS settings. I've never had this issue but I've read about it on here (and you can likely find the answer by searching the forums).

It's some visual settings on either the PS or TV (probably PS) where it's not in 720p or maybe you're not on an HDTV (does anyone still have SDTVs?) or something similar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »