Home

NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Good to see you've made the leap over NoleFan - ha ha....I'm on PS3. Graphically it's a lot better this year imo and the infinity engine takes the series much further. I'm disappointed with the sound, specifically the crowd - the volume seems too low and they don't interject where you would expect, say after a big play...sometimes they do but it's not consistent.

This is just a minor point though as the gameplay in cpu v cpu mode is the most critical. I wonder whether the running improvements have been overdone but it's certainly a lot better than previous years...we can actually watch Georgia Tech now!

I should have my retail version today when the DHL courier turns up, so it may be slightly different to the early release download - perhaps?
Excellent. I guess I'll pick it up Wednesday and jump right into a dynasty as soon as I get rosters.

From what you guys are seeing so far, what's the best difficulty this year?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

For all of you 350 CPU/CPU players: I am a dedicated Coach Mode player, but I have occasionally watched all or parts of a game. For recent 360 versions of the game, by using the external editors, I have made significant improvements to the way in which the game plays. I encourage all of you 360 CPU folks to learn how to use the editors. I don't think you can achieve all your objectives by just modifying Sliders.

So far, we don't yet know if the editors in their present form will successfully edit NCAA14 360 files. The editor apparently does not work on the Season Ticket version of the game - we'll soon know about the retail version. If it does not work, I believe there is a good chance that the editor's developer may be able to modify the editor to resolve the issue.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10

Hey Guys, love playing coach mode on the games, question though, I watched a CPU vs CPU game on youtube...and saw that they had a broadcast camera. Now I did not see it in the demo, is the broadcast camera in the full version?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #20
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwings832
Hey Guys, love playing coach mode on the games, question though, I watched a CPU vs CPU game on youtube...and saw that they had a broadcast camera. Now I did not see it in the demo, is the broadcast camera in the full version?
Yes, all cpu v cpu games are viewed from the broadcast cam. If once you start a demo game and go into the controller select screen and put the controller icon in the middle you can play cpu v cpu with the demo and the game switches to broadcast cam.

As for difficulty level I'm currently rolling with AA, 9 min qtrs and slow speed.

I've got a retail copy and as yet no patch out.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
In my NCAA 11 dynasty I've been running with 5 minute quarters on slow speed and getting 90 plays/game on average. At 4.5 plays/minute, you'd need 6.5 minute quarters (7 minutes) to get 120. I like shorter games so I don't spend too long playing because if at all possible I like to watch my team from opening kick to final gun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Yes, all cpu v cpu games are viewed from the broadcast cam. If once you start a demo game and go into the controller select screen and put the controller icon in the middle you can play cpu v cpu with the demo and the game switches to broadcast cam.

As for difficulty level I'm currently rolling with AA, 9 min qtrs and slow speed.

I've got a retail copy and as yet no patch out.
Oh ok, very nice, how about on coach mode in the full version, is the broadcast camera available with that style of gameplay? I guess this question would be for those that might have the game early?
Old 07-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #23
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwings832
Oh ok, very nice, how about on coach mode in the full version, is the broadcast camera available with that style of gameplay? I guess this question would be for those that might have the game early?
Yes it is.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #24
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
For all of you 350 CPU/CPU players: I am a dedicated Coach Mode player, but I have occasionally watched all or parts of a game. For recent 360 versions of the game, by using the external editors, I have made significant improvements to the way in which the game plays. I encourage all of you 360 CPU folks to learn how to use the editors. I don't think you can achieve all your objectives by just modifying Sliders.

So far, we don't yet know if the editors in their present form will successfully edit NCAA14 360 files. The editor apparently does not work on the Season Ticket version of the game - we'll soon know about the retail version. If it does not work, I believe there is a good chance that the editor's developer may be able to modify the editor to resolve the issue.
I started playing around with the editors and NCAA 13 a few days before the early release but I could never get/find MC02 files. I don't want to hijack this thread with questions about it but if someone could point me to the idiots guide, I'd appreciate it.

As far as difficulty level, I'm running AA on both offense and defense with 9 minute quarters. I tried 8 minute quarters but option/run heavy teams grind the clock to the point that my offense rarely saw the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »