Home

GameStop Not Doing Midnight Release

This is a discussion on GameStop Not Doing Midnight Release within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #9
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: GameStop Not Doing Midnight Release

was told mine wasn't doing it, then got the text saying to come on down. unless that early release season ticket item disappears before i get 1 quick one on tonight, i don't care anyhow.

had season ticket not been around, i'd be livid.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

closest gamestop is about 20-30 minutes from me so i never worry about getting it at midnight unless i get it from walmart since one is just 2 minutes from my house
Old 07-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
Yeah that is what my text message said too.
8pm for snacks? What can you do there for 4 hours? lol just curious, never been to a Gamestop for a midnight release. I always hit up Walmart or wait until the next day. I am sure not getting it tonight regardless, I'm very on the fence after the reviews/impressions over this weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
Pro

antixnette's Arena

OVR: 7

Mine told me they weren't doing mid-night release, too.

I'll just go to my local 24hr Wal-Mart.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I have a feeling the DD will appear with the PS Store update tomorrow, for PS3 users. I seriously doubt it's going to show up at midnight.

Also, the timer on the EA Sports Central app still shows 6 hours remaining on the Early Release, so it's not shutting down at 6:00.
Any idea what time this normally happens? I'm considering doing the digital download tomorrow as my blueray drive is acting up and no longer plays blue rays and sometimes won't read disks unless I eject a few times.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #14
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

Go to http://www.gamestop.com/gs/gamestopevents/ to see if your gs is hosting a midnight release. You may also want to call and make sure
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #15
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
8pm for snacks? What can you do there for 4 hours? lol just curious, never been to a Gamestop for a midnight release. I always hit up Walmart or wait until the next day. I am sure not getting it tonight regardless, I'm very on the fence after the reviews/impressions over this weekend.
Probably a tournament of some sort.

Also, some of you looking to go to Walmart at midnight may want to call in advance. Last year i tried and the truck with the game didn't come in until the morning.

Last edited by LucasWVU; 07-08-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Any idea what time this normally happens? I'm considering doing the digital download tomorrow as my blueray drive is acting up and no longer plays blue rays and sometimes won't read disks unless I eject a few times.
It varies. Most of the time it's early-mid afternoon (3-5 pm Central), but it can be and has been later in the past, as late as 11 pm.

They've never had a set time for the store update, at least not one that they've actually followed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »