Home

The regression in this generation of NCAA is unbelievable.

This is a discussion on The regression in this generation of NCAA is unbelievable. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #57
Just started!

OVR: 8
Re: The regression in this generation of NCAA is unbelievable.

Stopped playing NCAA many moons ago. You won't miss the garbage.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #58
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozy6664
Stopped playing NCAA many moons ago. You won't miss the garbage.
What a great constructive opinion.

And on topic, I have learned from these very boards to really use a lot of variation in your zone to stop pass heavy opponents. Cover 2, 3, zone blitzes, use them in the situation that calls. You can, as well, out pressure on the QB with your defensive linemen which will cause hurry up throws right into your DB's arms sometimes.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I think it all comes down to the fact that ratings mean little to nothing. If players played according to what their ratings were, we could have a great game on our hands.
Ratings mattered on last-gen. that's what made it fun.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #60
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Is anyone using "pass commit" prior to the start of the play in obvious passing downs? I do this all the time and have no problems stopping the pass, especially when I use man coverage.

I'm having the opposite problem of most people apparently... they rarely score.
I've always felt using the commit options was kind of cheesy. I know in the past you could use pass commit and still defend the run well. Do you know if it's the same now, or will you actually get gashed if you use the pass commit and the offense calls a run play?

Watch me play video games
Old 07-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #61
Just started!

[quote=der juicen;2045264752]What a great constructive opinion.

Was not supposed to be constructive. I do hope my comments help people make an informed decision weather or not to play/buy the game. NCAA has long been wacky and sun-par. I'll get the ban hammer. Glad to know you enjoy the game. Nothing wrongs with other opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #62
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozy6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
What a great constructive opinion.
Was not supposed to be constructive. I do hope my comments help people make an informed decision weather or not to play/buy the game. NCAA has long been wacky and sun-par. I'll get the ban hammer. Glad to know you enjoy the game. Nothing wrongs with other opinions.
The meat of the matter is you have openly said that you have not played the game, or bought the game for a couple of years. That's not giving a help opinion on whether or not to buy said game. Nothing is inherently wrong with your opinion, but it would hold more gruff if you had actually played the game instead of calling it/EA garbage in multiple threads.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #63
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
The meat of the matter is you have openly said that you have not played the game, or bought the game for a couple of years. That's not giving a help opinion on whether or not to buy said game. Nothing is inherently wrong with your opinion, but it would hold more gruff if you had actually played the game instead of calling it/EA garbage in multiple threads.
You play ncaa 08 then you have played 09,10,11, ect. I have seen it played. It was aweful. Serious it gets 7ish in rating every year. That's misleading.

Quick reply cuz ban hammer is a-coming .
Old 07-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
Have you played the demo? I ask because from what I've read, the gameplay of the retail version is the same as the demo (I haven't bought the retail verson). From the many games I've played on the demo, it seems that they juiced up the running game at the expense of the defense. I can play the demo as VT vs. Alabama with Alabama's 99 rating for defense on AA and run all over them. That and if you call a passing play and fixate on a receiver running a slant or a post you'll see that the defenders are slow to react to receiver cuts....almost to the point where the defenders look lost. Also, the passing accuracy of the QBs seems to be grossly exaggerated.

I think they could do a lot of good with patches to fix bugs and to improve gameplay. Whether or not they do that is something I'm going to wait on before I entertain the idea of plunking down $60 for this game.
I've only played the demo at least for 5 minutes. Those 5 minutes were on Nike Skills Trainer mode. It seems that the running animation was really good. I'll go back playing the demo later on this weekend to play around some more. I'd rent NCAA Football 14 before slamming down $60 for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »