Home

Am I the only one throwing a huge number of picks?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one throwing a huge number of picks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Am I the only one throwing a huge number of picks?

Quote:
If you are throwing a ton of picks on comeback routs then stop running them
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but suggesting that someone quit doing something that their offensive gameplan is based upon isn't the most helpful suggestion.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #10
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Try coordinator cam. I am hardly throwing any INTs this year with that camera setting. I can see the whole field and it really made a difference. I still throw a INT here and there, but it's not often.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but suggesting that someone quit doing something that their offensive gameplan is based upon isn't the most helpful suggestion.
It was said before that curl and comeback routs have been crap shoots in the game for a number of years. If you are seeing picks on those routs then why run them? In real life if a DB is jumping certain routs then as a coach I make adjustments. In the case of the video game we are talking about you can't do some of the things you would do in real life. I can't get my WR to give the DB a false step to get him off balance, so you have to make adjustments some way. The only way to do that is play with sliders and if that don't work then don't throw to WR's running those routs. I have been playing the NCAA series since NCAA 98 and have never had success with comebacks or curls to a point I run them multiple times a game or hot route to them, I don't run them at all.

You asked for help in cutting down your number of picks. You have made comeback and curl routs part of your game plan and to this point does not seem to work. Sometimes you have to take a second look at that game plan. So you can edit your sliders, edit your PI sliders, or just stop throwing to the guys running those routs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #12
Rookie

john1842msu's Arena

OVR: 0

I throw a lot of INTs as well. The default sliders are way too high for CB and safeties catching ability. If you lower INT slider to 35, they will still play great defense but will simply drop 1/2 of the tough INT attempts. They will still regularly catch the INT's that you throw right to them.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #13
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Like anyone else, I throw stupid picks sometimes. where Im mad at myself as soon as I hit the button, but those arent what Im talking about here.

The ones that are getting to me are comback/hook routes, where the DB is playing way off of the WR, I throw the ball at a point where the DB covering the WR absolutely cannot make a play on it, and another player in the general area instantly breaks from covering his man, changes direction with inhuman ability practically defying physics, and runs 15-20 yards to the ball to make the play.

Or, alternatly, a throw to a man running a crossing route who has several steps on his man and no defender near him in the direction that he is moving. I throw the ball, its headed right to the spot it needs to be, and a player way downfield (close to the camera) breaks and runs in that direction, leaps, spinning in the air, covering way more ground than someone should be able to, and takes the ball away.

Plays that simply would not happen in real life, and in previous generations of Madden and NCAA would be safe, good decesions.
I *think* I've seen that before. Just not to the extent of what your talking about. That's how I used to throw those curl route picks. Only that the defender was actually just 5-10 yards away and was already running towards to receiver I was throwing to when I released the ball.

I'm sorry, but I really don't have any legit advice to give you. If the CPU are really teleporting to the ball when you pass.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #14
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

I am admittedly not a very prolific passer. I have on occasional game where I'll get 250+ passing yards, but only when that's what the CPU defense is giving me and/or shutting my run down. Sometimes I will press to get a certain number if I have visiting recruit with a specific goal to meet (i.e. trying to impress), but most of the time that takes me out of my gameplan and gets me in trouble.

Here's my AA settings and results:

Human
QB accuracy 10
WR Catch 40
Pass Block 40

CPU
Pass Coverage 80
INT 25

Year 1 Dynasty = 11 TD's, 6 Int's
Year 2 Dynasty = 12 TD's, 5 Int's
Year 3 Dynasty = 4 TD's, 8 Int's (about halfway through)

Year 3, I increased difficulty and it's showing. Still, the picks I am throwing feel justified, and i don't plan on making any big changes. I need to make better decisions.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #15
Rookie

Good call on dropping the WR catching ability. If you don't lower it to at least 40, WR will never drop the ball, even if they get blasted. The CPU will go 24 for 26 on that setting if you cant get any pressure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #16
Rookie

So defense is broken yet y'all are throwing to many picks... Which one is it? I really hope they don't patch yet and give it some more time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »