Home

Conference Realignment Guide

This is a discussion on Conference Realignment Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #65
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Conference Realignment Guide

In my first dynasty I forgot all about this when I start a new one a can def use this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #66
Rookie

Indiana vs. Purdue is the only protected rivalry in the Big Ten right now. As of now there don't seem to be any plans to change that.

Starting in 2016 they will be moving to a nine game conference schedule. You can control the number of conference games by altering the conference rules to start conference games earlier.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:59 PM   #67
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
Indiana vs. Purdue is the only protected rivalry in the Big Ten right now. As of now there don't seem to be any plans to change that.

Starting in 2016 they will be moving to a nine game conference schedule. You can control the number of conference games by altering the conference rules to start conference games earlier.

How did you do this? I want to keep the SEC at 8 games and still have protected rivalries, so any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:34 PM   #68
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

I decided to pick this game back up recently and continuing a previous dynasty.

I will be doing all of the real realignments through 2015, although I might add Memphis and Cincinnati to the Big 12 in 2015 to put them at 12.

If I dont put Cinci and Memphis in the Big 12 in 2015 I will be putting them in the Big 12 in 2016.

I will be keeping UAB in CUSA and doing a few other changes.

South Florida and UCF as well as Navy will switch divisions in the American Athletic Conference and Marshall and Massachusetts will be moving in.

New alignment will be: (keeping at 12 teams)
American Athletic Conference
SOUTH:
Houston, Memphis, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, South Florida, UCF

NORTH:
Cincinnati, Connecticut, East Carolina, Navy, Marshall, Massachusetts, Temple

Bowling Green will move into the WEST division in the MAC wil their natural rivals.

With Marshall leaving CUSA that leaves them at 12 and I have debated moving New Mexico State and Troy into CUSA. They both have natural rivals in CUSA.

WEST:
La Tech, North Texas, Rice, UTEP, UTSA, Southern Miss, NM State

EAST:
FAU, FIU, MTSU, UAB, ODU, WKU, Troy

One other move I have debated doing is moving Boise State and BYU to the Pac 12 (putting them with 14 teams). Boise would move into the NORTH division and BYU in the SOUTH.

With Boise State out of the MWC I would move Idaho to teh MWC to keep them at 12 and take their spot.

This would leave Sun Belt with 6 teams which I am fine with.
Arkansas State, Georgia State, ULL, ULM, South Alabams, Texas State

These moves would put every Big 5 conference at 14 teams except the Big 12. These moves may or may not take place in 2016 or may take place over a couple years. Big 12 would definitely expand by 2016 and Marshall and Mass would move to American Athletic to keep them at 12. Bowling Green will change divisions in 2016.

The NM State, Troy, Boise State, BYU, and Idaho moves may or may not take place right away. Might move Idaho and BYU to MWC before ultimately moving BYU and Boise State to Pac 12.

Here is what it ends up looking like
AAC 12
ACC 14
BIG 12 12
BIG TEN 14
SOUTH NORTH
ATLANTIC COASTAL
SOUTH NORTH
WEST EAST
Houston Connecticut
Clemson Boston College
Baylor Cincinnati
Illinois Indiana
SMU East Carolina
FSU Duke
Oklahoma Iowa St
Purdue Ohio State
Tulane Navy
Georgia Tech Pittsiburgh
Oklahoma St Kansas
Wisconsin Penn State
Tulsa NIU
Miami Syracuse
TCU Kansas St
Iowa Michigan
South Florida Massachusetts
NC State Virginia Tech
Texas Memphis
Minnesota Michigan State
UCF Temple
North Carolina Wake Forest
Texas Tech West Virginia
Nebraksa Maryland

Virginia Louisville

Northwestern Rutgers

CUSA 14
INDY 2
MAC 12
MWC 12
WEST EAST
Army

EAST WEST
MOUNTAIN WEST
La Tech FAU
Notre Dame

Akron Ball State
Air Force Fresno State
North Texas FIU

Buffalo Bowling Green
CSU Hawaii
NM State MTSU

Kent State C.Mich
Idaho Nevada
Rice ODU

Miami E. Mich
New Mexico SD State
UTEP Troy

Northern Illinois Toledo
Utah State SJ State
UTSA UAB

Ohio W.Mich
Wyoming UNLV
Southern Miss WKU

PAC 12 14
SEC 14
SUN BELT 6

NORTH SOUTH
EASTERN WESTERN
Arkansas St

Boise State Arizona
Florida Alabama
Georgia St

Cal Arizona St
Georgia Arkansas
ULL

Oregon BYU
Kentucky Auburn
ULM

Oregon St Colorado
Missouri LSU
South Alabama

Stanford UCLA
South Carolina Mississippi St
Texas St

Washington USC
Tennessee Ole Miss

Washington St Utah
Vanderbilt Texas A&M

NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

Last edited by wiscowilz; 04-22-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:15 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonohoFlnkr
How did you do this? I want to keep the SEC at 8 games and still have protected rivalries, so any help would be appreciated.
I don't know exactly how it works, but the number of conference games will change depending on the size of the conference and when you set the games to start. If the conference has ten or more teams and you set conference games to begin in week three or before, it will set up a nine game conference schedule.

So to keep it at eight games I would set the conference games not to start until week five. That forces it to set up an eight game conference schedule.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:28 AM   #70
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
I don't know exactly how it works, but the number of conference games will change depending on the size of the conference and when you set the games to start. If the conference has ten or more teams and you set conference games to begin in week three or before, it will set up a nine game conference schedule.

So to keep it at eight games I would set the conference games not to start until week five. That forces it to set up an eight game conference schedule.
The game determines the # of conference games by the size of the conference and whether or not you're using protected rivals, not when the games begin.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #71
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

I did a realignment in my previous dynasty and will probably start another one just like this in the future. I did it based on geographical region, to kind of keep teams in close proximity to each other. Also, I set it up to have each conference have a conference championship game, which is also pretty cool. In each conference there are highlighted teams, the teams with the same highlighted color is part of the same division within the conference. The power conferences still have most of the power teams but I tried to evenly distribute teams throughout all of the NCAA. In the lower tiered conferences, if a team was getting too good, I would move them up to one of the power conferences and swap them with a team that consistently did bad (again, based on their geographical location). Just thought I would post this on here in case someone else wanted to use the same format.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 09:14 PM   #72
Pro

Tbow15UFgators's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
I did a realignment in my previous dynasty and will probably start another one just like this in the future. I did it based on geographical region, to kind of keep teams in close proximity to each other. Also, I set it up to have each conference have a conference championship game, which is also pretty cool. In each conference there are highlighted teams, the teams with the same highlighted color is part of the same division within the conference. The power conferences still have most of the power teams but I tried to evenly distribute teams throughout all of the NCAA. In the lower tiered conferences, if a team was getting too good, I would move them up to one of the power conferences and swap them with a team that consistently did bad (again, based on their geographical location). Just thought I would post this on here in case someone else wanted to use the same format.

I would put USF in the SEC. I know they ain't a power house. But you can setup a some good rivalries. See who is the best Florida team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orlando Magic
San Antonio Spurs
Boston RedSox
San Francisco Giants
Atlanta Braves
Manchester United

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »