Home

For the all that is holy help please.

This is a discussion on For the all that is holy help please. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1
For the all that is holy help please.

Not sure if this has been covered yet? But after several weeks of frustrating games, I have to ask. How do I stop the PA QB roll out throw the ball 30 yards down field to a uncovered receiver running across the field?

I have tried Man Cover, Zone, Blitz, No Blitz. Tried adjusting to QB Aggressive, Option Aggressive. What makes it so bad is folks do this all dang game I see three play most often:

1. Run/pass Option many threads here in the forums.
2. Five Wide all day for me nothing seems to work so well.
3. QB ROLL OUT and RUN FOREVER or PASS for 30 + YARDS.

Please help me it is killing my on line experience. in years past I found way to deal this year it seems no matter what I do, I lose every dang time. :
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: For the all that is holy help please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove74
Not sure if this has been covered yet? But after several weeks of frustrating games, I have to ask. How do I stop the PA QB roll out throw the ball 30 yards down field to a uncovered receiver running across the field?

I have tried Man Cover, Zone, Blitz, No Blitz. Tried adjusting to QB Aggressive, Option Aggressive. What makes it so bad is folks do this all dang game I see three play most often:

1. Run/pass Option many threads here in the forums.
2. Five Wide all day for me nothing seems to work so well.
3. QB ROLL OUT and RUN FOREVER or PASS for 30 + YARDS.

Please help me it is killing my on line experience. in years past I found way to deal this year it seems no matter what I do, I lose every dang time. :
This wont be much help but I gave up online play this year and its the most fun I'm having. It's nice not having to deal with people that would trade their left arm just for a win.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

There really is no way to stop a good offense in this game online. The CPU AI just lacks too much intelligence. So regardless of what defense you call there are ways to work around it.

Any zone defense is rather useless unless your up big and just trying to prevent.

Blitzing also is pointless because it leaves open receivers and even blitzing on run plays is counter productive because everyone gets sucked in and usually leads to a big play, especially against the option.

My advice, avoid online play unless your playing against guys who don't exploit and who also like to play with "weaker" teams (sub 85 overall) Then it can be fun.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have not played online in years for the same reasons but this year they put in Ultimate Team. My problem is I am an achievement junkie and I try to get as many as possible. I have all of them for the last three NCAA games and I would like to get them all on this one. I have a 91 ranked team and still have trouble playing straight against these people. It seems every team i play has Vick, Robinson, or Griffin III at QB and they just run around until they make a play. It won't kill me if I can't get it but I won't be happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 08-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Only play guys you can trust. Never play random dudes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
This wont be much help but I gave up online play this year and its the most fun I'm having. It's nice not having to deal with people that would trade their left arm just for a win.
Same here. But also, I think you can commit to the pass so your team won't bite on play action plays.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Like everyone else here I don't play randoms online so I haven't faced what you're describing, but here are some things that may or may not help.

You said you set aggressive contain. That causes the D to leave their zones and go after a scrambling QB. If he's just rolling out and passing, it sounds like you want conservative contain so your guys stay in their zones.

Try setting your DEs (or just 1 DE if he always rolls 1 way) to contain. If he rolls that way the DE should go get him.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #8
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1

thanks Jello1717.... I will try that, setting and see if it helps.

Like many of you I gen avoid random games, but with my new work sched. I generally only game at the late night hours. Finding it really hard to find a quality late night Sim League in NCAA.

thank you all for the advice

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »