Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2015, 09:25 PM   #801
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had lucking getting the editors to work on ubuntu. I am having serious issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 10:26 AM   #802
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Hey guys,

First of all, I just want to say THANK YOU to PocketScout and the countless others who have allowed me to get more mileage out of this awesome game.

I've run two trials with mixed results so far. This morning I was able to get the championship game played and all the schedules aligned, however the box score for the championship game (ALA vs ND) links back to the semi-final win for ALA over TAMU. Is this just a common-known glitch we have to deal with? EDIT: The stat and score summary are correct, however.

Second question, in order for the playoff to work as intended, do I have to simulate the semifinal matchups and BCS title ahead of all other bowls? (changing the SGIN to 127 in the process)

A quick review of my process for troubleshooting help:

1. Swap BC and CSU into the BCS title from the BBVA.
2. Placed ALA vs TAMU in Sugar, OSU vs ND in the Rose, ORE vs UCLA in BBVA
3. Changed Semifinals, BCS game and BBVA SGIN to 127 (located in unknown tab - What happens if I mass edit all bowls to SGIN 127?)
4. Simmed games
5. Placed winner ALA and ND in BC and CSU spots respectively (for schedule and team spots) and put BC and CSU in semifinal spots
6. Simmed the BCS title
7. Put ALA and ND back in semifinal spots
8. Advanced out of Bowl week.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by EvanRG; 02-26-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:22 PM   #803
Just started!

My friend does download the same roster.. Both from CALL ME LSU ON XBOX 360.. The names show up but the numbers or stats don't carry over into the online game once it loads..
Old 03-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #804
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

This may be common knowledge, but for those of you like myself, who get the "item" error when you open the EA Database editor, I just wanted to let you know that you can still edit the file and have a playoff.

I ran into this error right away on my pre-existing dynasty, but didn't want to start over. Turns out, I can still make all the edits for a playoff, I just have to be careful about a few things:

1. As soon as the error message loads, click continue. Every time you select a new category (i.e. Team Schedules), select "REFRESH" and the items will appear.

2. The sorting function is completely gone except for the nearest column to the left. A good work-around I found is to use the filter and simply search like this: WEEK #, CONTAINS, . After that, you can sort the game #'s by dragging that column to the left-most side. DO NOT ENTER MORE THAN ONE FILTER modifier at a time, though. It didn't work if I had multiple filters. Also, it only works if I use CONTAINS, for some reason.

3. You need to be extra organized and mark down the team ID numbers, Week #'s, and Game ID #'s (NOT BOWL ID) as soon as Bowl Season appears. This is because the team names don't show up with files that have the "item" error, so it's a lot easier to get confused.

4. When selecting the team ID's from the drop-down menus - BE SURE TO ACTUALLY SELECT THE ID from the drop-down; you can type it in to find it quickly, but don't just enter it in and press the enter key. Actually SELECT it from the list for it to save properly.

That's really it. It takes about 5-10 minutes longer to edit since you lose the sorting ability and team names, but you can still absolutely have a playoff.

Again, if this is common knowledge, I apologize, but I don't want those who are easily discouraged to give up right away. Especially since this now adds INFINITE replayability for me.

Last edited by EvanRG; 03-04-2015 at 12:16 PM. Reason: minor grammar
Old 03-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #805
Just started!

I run into this error every time, and trying your refresh option does not work for me. Any other suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
This may be common knowledge, but for those of you like myself, who get the "item" error when you open the EA Database editor, I just wanted to let you know that you can still edit the file and have a playoff.

I ran into this error right away on my pre-existing dynasty, but didn't want to start over. Turns out, I can still make all the edits for a playoff, I just have to be careful about a few things:

1. As soon as the error message loads, click continue. Every time you select a new category (i.e. Team Schedules), select "REFRESH" and the items will appear.

2. The sorting function is completely gone except for the nearest column to the left. A good work-around I found is to use the filter and simply search like this: WEEK #, CONTAINS, . After that, you can sort the game #'s by dragging that column to the left-most side. DO NOT ENTER MORE THAN ONE FILTER modifier at a time, though. It didn't work if I had multiple filters. Also, it only works if I use CONTAINS, for some reason.

3. You need to be extra organized and mark down the team ID numbers, Week #'s, and Game ID #'s (NOT BOWL ID) as soon as Bowl Season appears. This is because the team names don't show up with files that have the "item" error, so it's a lot easier to get confused.

4. When selecting the team ID's from the drop-down menus - BE SURE TO ACTUALLY SELECT THE ID from the drop-down; you can type it in to find it quickly, but don't just enter it in and press the enter key. Actually SELECT it from the list for it to save properly.

That's really it. It takes about 5-10 minutes longer to edit since you lose the sorting ability and team names, but you can still absolutely have a playoff.

Again, if this is common knowledge, I apologize, but I don't want those who are easily discouraged to give up right away. Especially since this now adds INFINITE replayability for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 12:59 AM   #806
Rookie

I just advanced through bowl season to the end of bowl season, and the top 25 rankings did not change to reflect the final rankings. They just stayed as they were during bowl season. First time that's happened. Has anyone else run into that? Fix?
Old 03-11-2015, 03:53 AM   #807
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdcougs
I just advanced through bowl season to the end of bowl season, and the top 25 rankings did not change to reflect the final rankings. They just stayed as they were during bowl season. First time that's happened. Has anyone else run into that? Fix?
I've had this happen a lot, not related to changing playoff, it's a game bug where the polls don't trigger after the NC game. I haven't been able to figure out a fix
Old 03-11-2015, 11:08 AM   #808
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
I've had this happen a lot, not related to changing playoff, it's a game bug where the polls don't trigger after the NC game. I haven't been able to figure out a fix
Interesting. Does it happen every season? I was worried I did something and it will be like that every season now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »